Recent content by buckstix

  1. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    I already made 50 pcs from 338 Lapua so I'm good for now.
  2. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    so ... how do I get it added to AmmoGuide?
  3. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    Here is the latest UPDATE range test of the 50 BME. UPDATE .... This time I loaded Reloader 7 as I found in the published loads for 50 B&M Alaskan. Although Max load with this powder was listed as 65g, I stayed conservative with 60g. Fired cases showed rounded primers and next time I will...
  4. buckstix

    250ft roll of 550 cord

    DM sent
  5. buckstix

    500 JEFFERY AMMO - BRASS - BULLETS - UPDATED

    Price reduced to $800 plus shipping
  6. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    ..... UPDATE .... The first time I went to the range I wasted 10 shots trying to zero the Karl Kaps Asslar/Wetzlar Ziellux 2.5x. German scope. It has backwards dial makings. ->R means Left and ^U means Down. .... by the time I discovered this, the 10 rounds had been shot and all I had were...
  7. buckstix

    500 JEFFERY AMMO - BRASS - BULLETS - UPDATED

    OPEN TO OFFERS ..
  8. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    Well, dies are ordered - 5-6 month delivery. I have 338 Lapua brass and .500 dia bullets coming. I bought some 338 Lapua ammo and made a single cartridge to see how it would look. I added a Karl Kaps Asslar/Wetzlar Ziellux 2.5x. German scope that I had laying around. Looks good.
  9. buckstix

    My dream come true - I bought a Colt "RAINMAKER"

    Well .... If one Rainmaker is good .... two are even better. I just bought a second Rainmaker.
  10. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    I understand that ... but it has been my experience, several times in the past, that the auction company does not help with such things.
  11. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    Not sure that rock island would have purchase info from 9 years ago. And even if they did they would not give me the info.
  12. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    Well, it looks like the mystery is solved. One of the forum members found the link below showing another 50 BME rifle that sold back in 2017. The listing said it came with 2 sets of Hornady dies. I called Hornady and they confirmed that they made the dies. They said the caliber was 50 BRIGHT...
  13. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    I don't believe a parent 50 bmg case would function in a short action model 70. I think it may use one of the fat short mag cases. I will do a chamber cast as soon as I get it.
  14. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    seller did not have any info on the cartridge - no dies or brass I will make a chamber cast as soon as it arrives.
  15. buckstix

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? I just bought this but don't have it in hand yet .. anyone know what caliber this is? Description said ... CUSTOM BIG BORE WINCHESTER 70 50 BME B.M.E LAMINATE A CUSTOM BIG BORE RIFLE MADE ON WINCHESTER 70 ACTION. THIS IS CHAMBERED IN 50...
 
Top