Recent content by bobdahunter84

  1. bobdahunter84

    Skip The Suppressor and Break

    I appreciate all of the thoughtful comments on my original post. Again, my intention was simply to share some insight to my own experiences that may save someone a little time or pulling out their hair if they experienced something similar. I will say, I generally avoid posts like this though...
  2. bobdahunter84

    Skip The Suppressor and Break

    I certainly didn't thread my barrel myself. I know my limitations. I'll mount a scope, change a trigger, etc.--minor crap. I don't have the tools or knowledge to thread a barrel. I'm especially not trying my hand on a DIY threading project on a custom pre 64 model 70.... Someone...
  3. bobdahunter84

    Skip The Suppressor and Break

    @One Day... I'd have to go remeasure, but I believe to have an adequate shoulder I had to cut an inch off, to get to about 0.66 inches on the diameter and thread it. I believe it was a 26" barrel to begin with, so taking an inch off was actually not a bad thing in my opinion. I suppose "thin"...
  4. bobdahunter84

    Skip The Suppressor and Break

    Yeah that was definitely not the issue. I have a barrel fan for that reason. This was not a rapid fire situation. Like I said the issue was immediately resolved once the suppressor and brake were removed.
  5. bobdahunter84

    Skip The Suppressor and Break

    The one I was using yesterday was the Ultra 7 for a 30 caliber. I also have the Magnus with the built-in break but that one is for a 375. To be clear, I bought those supressors for 3 guns I'm building. Those are going to have Proof carbon fiber barrels with sendaro contours. I just figured...
  6. bobdahunter84

    Skip The Suppressor and Break

    Thought this may save someone a headache and some money. I acquired a custom pre 64 Model 70 in 7mm Weatherby. I was drawn to the gun because it had a McWoody McMillan stock and 7mm Wby is literally my favorite caliber. Gun has a thin contour fluted barrel. All of my pre 64s wear wood stocks...
  7. bobdahunter84

    375 Ruger Double Tap Ammo Lead Free 250gr SC-THP - $75 per box

    If your sale falls through let me know. Building a 375 ruger and would gladly take these off your hands
  8. bobdahunter84

    Weatherby Mark V 7mm Wby Mag

    TTT ALL REASONABLE OFFERS CONSIDERED! Got some auctions Id like to bid on this weekend, so Im willing to work with you to offset some of my other purchases
  9. bobdahunter84

    ZIMBABWE: Review: 10 Days With Victoria Falls Safari Services

    Just re-read my post. Didn't make sense. The CAMERA is mounted on the rail. Not the scope. For what it's worth, my original intention was to use Meta glasses to record my hunts. I learned at the range that Meta glasses are useless if you use a scope and you're righthanded. All it took a...
  10. bobdahunter84

    Weatherby Mark V 7mm Wby Mag

    Make me an offer! If anyone wants to get creative, I'd even consider a trade. Wouldn't need to be an "even trade", as I'd kick in some dough for the right trade. I'm partial to Pre 64 Model 70s and am also working on a collection of Weatherby Athena shotguns. I may even consider a trade...
  11. bobdahunter84

    ZIMBABWE: Review: 10 Days With Victoria Falls Safari Services

    They are all taken with same camera. Shotkam Gen 4. I have a Pic rail mounted to my scope, and scope is mounted on the rail, yes.
  12. bobdahunter84

    ZIMBABWE: Review: 10 Days With Victoria Falls Safari Services

    Crocodile- 100 yds shot from an island across from the croc. Hard to see him until I take the first shot and the birds fly away. First shot was me, well placed brain shot, he went nowhere. His tail started wagging back and forth after the shot. Second shot was PH aiming for back tail to...
  13. bobdahunter84

    ZIMBABWE: Review: 10 Days With Victoria Falls Safari Services

    I hunted in the area between Milibizi and Binga. In terms of other species, I didn't see any where I was. I know there were various smaller antelope species in the area, but I didn't see any in my specific area. Keep in mind this was primarily a hippo/crocodile hunt, so we were typically on or...
  14. Crocodile Hunt Zimbabwe

    Crocodile Hunt Zimbabwe

  15. Elephant Hunt Zimbabwe

    Elephant Hunt Zimbabwe

 
Top