Recent content by Bescultat

  1. B

    Hunting Video Games?

    Oh yeah, Way of the Hunter is a great game for those looking for meditative gameplay, not an arcade shooting gallery like theHunter: Call of the Wild, where you can run through the forest and shoot left and right. It really requires you to use your brain, consider the wind and direction, and...
  2. B

    NAMIBIA: Namibian Plains Game With Kowas Adventure Safaris

    Have a safe trip home! You know that feeling when you're sitting at the airport, your best moments still replaying in your head—the Eland was magnificent, the trophy was simply monumental, congratulations! It's great that the trip was a success and that we're already planning a return trip with...
  3. B

    Top 5 plains game?

    Spot on about the kudu - they're practically ghost animals once the pressure gets to them, absolute masters at disappearing into thick bush right when you think you've got a bead on them.
  4. B

    Top 5 plains game?

    That’s a solid list to start with, and honestly, your mental draft hits a really good sweet spot for a first or even a return trip. Trying to cram ten different species into a single week usually turns the whole thing into a whirlwind of rushing from one spot to the next, so keeping it down to a...
  5. B

    Botswana - plains game?

    This is good advice, especially the part about actually talking to recent references. Written reports can give you a general idea, but a phone conversation usually tells you much more about the quality of the experience and how the hunt was actually conducted. I’d definitely ask references very...
  6. B

    Botswana - plains game?

    Botswana would definitely be high on my list if you're already considering the Chobe/Okavango areas. From what I've read and heard, it has a somewhat different feel from the more conventional South African/Namibian plains-game hunt, and the habitat itself is a big part of the appeal. Lechwe...
  7. B

    Ranking Plains Game, Ranking Dangerous Game

    I can definitely see the appeal of the tracking side of it, especially if you prefer hunts that involve actually covering ground rather than sitting in one spot. The “horse antelope” group is interesting too. Gem, sable, and roan all seem like they would make for very different experiences...
  8. B

    Ranking Plains Game, Ranking Dangerous Game

    Having only a couple of safaris under my belt, I'd say the biggest factor is less the species itself and more the combination of terrain, tracking and how much work is involved in getting into position. For plains game, I'd probably put kudu very high. The combination of tracking, thick terrain...
  9. B

    Africa...when will you be priced out??

    Great post, and I think the most important point is measuring your hunting by the experience rather than by what social media says it should look like. It's easy to get caught up comparing yourself to people posting once-in-a-lifetime trips or sponsored content, but that isn't reality for most...
  10. B

    Safari Fitness Requirements in Africa? How to hunt your way to health and fitness

    Respect! Great results and excellent shape for a 62-year-old, especially with such a background. The "keep up with the young guys" approach really resonates – I've personally noticed that functional training and a strong core work wonders for longevity and vitality, far better than simply...
  11. B

    Safari Fitness Requirements in Africa? How to hunt your way to health and fitness

    First off, huge congratulations on taking control of your health and dropping 40 pounds—that is no small feat, especially coming out of some rough post-pandemic health issues. Honestly, just setting that safari as your ultimate goal and using it as the motivation to turn things around is...
  12. B

    AI in handload development

    When a powder like RL-15 disappears mid-testing, the biggest risk is changing more variables than necessary. You did the right thing by moving to Varget, but I’d treat it as a new baseline rather than a continuation of the same node. Even if group size looks similar, the pressure curve and...
  13. B

    Anyone using AI for hunting?

    Fuck, I'm actually laughing now)) I joined the forum only because I am interested in this topic and would like to get into your movement, but they are drowning me out, because I am like an AI :censored: I don't know if I should prove anything to you at all, I'll just calmly wish you well and...
  14. B

    Anyone using AI for hunting?

    AI responses these days often sound very similar and "smooth," creating the impression that there's something hidden behind them. But I'm not an AI, just a regular forum member :)
  15. B

    Anyone using AI for hunting?

    I wouldn't say AI can be "trusted" to make hunting decisions or select locations—it's more of a tool for initial research and planning. But the problem is that AI doesn't know current local restrictions, licenses, or quotas, and can often make mistakes in details that are critical in practice...
 
Top