I have or had the following:
Brown Precision one pounder on a Ruger 77R (since1991)
McMillan Remington Classic with Edge fill (since 2008) (sold to my brother)
Wildcat Composites (Remington Model 7 pattern on a Kimber 84M Varmint)
(since 2011)
Kimber Montana stocks are awesome (as good as the...
Everyone should go to a travel medical clinic before they go overseas. We usually have our shots updated (as required) and a pack of various medicines (recommended by the travel clinic) that may be beneficial if one should come down with anything.
I used a Kimber Montana in 300WSM with a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x36 shooting a Barnes 168gr TTSX over RL17 and CCI 250 primers in Federal cases. Shot antelope and zebra from grey duiker to Cape Eland.
Worked very well.
Your experience does not surprise me.
I used a different Eastern Cape taxidermist and have always had some issues with quality.
I have been in their shop and toured it. Had dinner with the chief operator and his wife. Nice staff. Met the founder. And yet there is always something(s) that I am...
Honestly, any of them would work.
I've shot three Canada moose. Two were with a 338WM with the discontinued 230gr Winchester Failsafe bullet. The third was with a 300WSM with a 168gr Barnes TTSX.
A family member used my 6.5 Creedmoor with a Hornady American Whitetail factory loaded 129gr...
To my knowledge, you cannot put ammo, whether in a locked case or not, in the case that holds your firearm.
You can in many cases, put a locked ammo case in checked luggage. The only exception that I have encountered is flying within South Africa. They will often make you check your ammo case...
We're counting handgun cartridges? I need to add.
22LR (2) Ruger 22/45 Lite and S&W Mod 41 (2 barrels: 5" and 7" with brake)
22LR (2) Ruger 4.25" Bearcat with adj sights and S&W 4" Mod 17-6
9mm (2) 1911 Kimber Aegis and Glock 48
45ACP (2) 1911 Colt Government and SIG RCS
357Mag (2) 2.5" S&W Mod...
22LR (3)
22WMR
17Rem
5.56/223Rem
22.250Rem
243AI
25-06Rem
7.62x39
308Win
300WSM
375H&H
12Ga (5) (The single shot is the "truck gun". It has an accompanying lock box filled with various lengths of 12ga shells of varying shot and buckshot sizes. Also Foster style slugs. It also has a .410 adapter...
Calgary.
I have had only one head mounted in Africa, my Cape Mountain zebra.
All the other heads have been Euros. (rather spend less on taxidermy and more on hunting) ( now if I could just stop buying and selling guns etc)
I've had a few rugs done.
Rigel Logistics imported my trophies from...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.