Recent content by 4570bruin

  1. 4570bruin

    Push feed M70 xtr or new M77 Hawkeye GG?

    Have several Model 70’s that I’ve owned for 40 plus years with push-feeds (including a .338 Mag.) and they are uber-reliable, smooth, and accurate. Have hunted with them all (elk, bear, deer) and would not hesitate to use one wherever or whenever I needed it. As an aside, I recently picked up a...
  2. 4570bruin

    Bedding Release agent

    In a pinch I’ve used and had good success with automotive paste wax as well!
  3. 4570bruin

    Classic Airplanes

    My old man, a combat veteran of the Korean War, always had a deep respect and affection for the F4U Corsair. He shared with me that more than once those gull-winged warbirds making low-altitude strafing runs and napalm strikes on the enemy had saved him and his fellow Marines from being totally...
  4. 4570bruin

    Safari Express vs Super Express

    Very nice looking Super Express—looks like a twin to mine. While the Safari Express is nice, after handling both I have to agree that the Super Express is a sleeker package overall. Also, in the interest of sharing accurate information on this forum and to correct some of the earlier posters...
 
Top