Recent content by .45 colt hunter

  1. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    Impressive evidence. I am frustrated that i cannot get hold of the A-frames as everybody seem to love that bullet. I can however get a friend to produce something like the cutting edge bullet. What is the weight of that solid and how did it perform on the Giraffe. Have you used that bullet on...
  2. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    Tradmark I am sure you are right as you have proved it and quite a few others have said the same. The problem is that i cannot get this bullet in Denmark or South Africa, I have tried most of the US companies that has Swift bullets, but they will not ship outside the US. My only chance of...
  3. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    Mentone Mike i have sent you a personal message.
  4. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    wildcatter82 Thank you. That was new to me. I also found the Swedish distributors, but not one picture of the .452 bullets. I will have to call them and see what we can work out. No matter what country i buy them in online, i will have to get an eksport/import license which is annoying...
  5. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    Brian I do have some Peregrine bullets waiting for me in RSA + some Barnes Busters and XPB bullets. I thought NorthFork bullets were made in Wyoming ? Their homepage dont work, so i cant see what they might offer. If they are made in Sweden i could easily get my hands on some . I do have some...
  6. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    First, no i have not shot a buffalo, its on my bucket list. I have had some good offers on cows, but i only want a bull around 38" and with my .460 S&W , that is the reason for my search for the best possible bullet. Maybe i will never be able to afford it, but its nice to have a dream. The...
  7. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    Mentone Mike I am not 100 % sure, but i do not believe that the Danish police are the right authority to ask if handguns are allowed in Greenland. There is also a big difference between taking a handgun for self protection and a hunting handgun. I can mention a danish adventurous women who...
  8. 4

    David Ommanney Professional Hunter

    I have sent you a direct message with my mail address . You can find it in conversations.
  9. 4

    David Ommanney Professional Hunter

    Katie If you are still here, I can help you with information on 3 of your grandfathers firearms, as I am the owner now of the winchester Mod 61 .22 pump action from 1958 , the Winchester 101 O/U shotgun with the inscription from winchester and the Winchester mod 70 superior grade in 300 win mag...
  10. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    @Mentone Mike . Danish gun laws are strict and it is illegal to use revolvers and pistol for hunting. A rifle is defined as being at least 60 cm (24") in total length, with a minimum barrel length of 30 cm (12"). If you plan to put a stock on a revolver or pistol with a barrel that is 30 cm = 12...
  11. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    Hi Mike. Thanks for your comments on bullet choise. I am sure you are right about the Swift A-Frame, but i just cant buy buy them here in Denmark or South Africa. What i have managed to get is a supply of Barnes 325 gr. Buster and Barnes 250 gr. XPB. I also got some Peregrine 250 gr. "Hogmaster"...
  12. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    Are you referring to the Hornady FTX Mag or the ordinary FTX ? I too want a heavier bullet 300 - 370 gr. range, I do cast my own, but would prefer to get a flat nose solid or very strong bonded bullet in the same weight range. I am investigating Peregrine, Gs custom and Claw bullet from South...
  13. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    I just looked up GS custom and they are all produced in the US, I cannot find anything on them in south Africa. The US based GS bullet manufacturer will only ship within the US. Peregrine has a 260 gr "hogmaster" expanding hollowpoint monolithic bullet, that could be interesting. Claw bullets...
  14. 4

    460 S&W hunting bullet

    Thanks Bert. I will take a look at Peregrine, GS and Claw, the one i never heard about . Yeas i could bring a sizing die and some imperial sizing wax . Had no idea that Peregrine and GS made handgun bullets. In the past i have had a few of them i rifle calibers. Very special bullets.
 
Top