Recent content by 45-70guy

  1. 45-70guy

    wildcat idea: a standard-action beltless .358/250gr/2800fps (e.g., parent case of 8x68S, 9.3x64, or .375 Ruger)

    That type of mindset to constantly look for a better way is something I relate to. It keeps us thinking and tinkering. If not for that issue I do not know what I would do with my life.
  2. 45-70guy

    Passport Troubles

    There are locations you can pay expedite service and get it same day.
  3. 45-70guy

    CANADA: Moose Attempt #2 (Successful)

    That’s an awesome moose. Awesome experience and photos.
  4. 45-70guy

    Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

    We have frost in the mornings and low 60’s In the day. Windy , cloudy, leaves dropping and colored. Flat landers swarming as we speak to get photos of the mountains and colors ( leaf peepers ). Overall good fall hunting weather.
  5. 45-70guy

    2 Bell & Carlson Stocks for Ruger M&& MKII and Hawkeye $200 each

    Damn that was a deal I missed, glad they are going to use. Great stocks
  6. 45-70guy

    Eva Shockey receives death threats

    That’s bad, as there is only a few states that are like this out of 50. The great migration has begun due to things like this.
  7. 45-70guy

    Ruger M77 African 35 Wheelen or Winchester M70 375H&H?

    As an owner of both, I’d say depends what you want to hunt. If DG isn’t a concern then the whelen is my pick. I used my Ruger African 35 whelen in Africa this past May and it dropped anything I pointed it at easily. I also just took the Ruger “Alaskan” or whatever they call it to Newfoundland 1...
  8. 45-70guy

    Bullet Performance Database

    225g Barnes TSX taken from Newfoundland moose , front shoulder shot found back in paunch. 203 yard shot. 35 whelen 20” barrel 2550 fps
  9. 45-70guy

    Info on Anticosti Island- Quebec

    Quebec likes to push French but they all know English. You just need to be consistent at sounding like you don’t know what they are saying and they suddenly speak English.
  10. 45-70guy

    What is the Perfect Plains Game rifle? and what is too much?

    Either way the cartridge debate is way over emphasized as a 308 as boring as it is can accomplish 90% of what we are all doing.
  11. 45-70guy

    Lead levels

    From what alot of information says the actual ingestion of lead as a pellet or a 22 is almost harmless to our bodies as opposed to the fumes and or vapors . If we were to eat pellets as many have said they did ( kidding ) it’s not going to do anything as our bodies don’t absorb it that way.
  12. 45-70guy

    What is the Perfect Plains Game rifle? and what is too much?

    I love the caliber discussions and bullet choices etc…. The one thing we all have a re hard time accepting is that there are huge differences between say a 25-06 and a 30-06. But when get into the more related calibers like a 30-06 and say a 300win. At hunting distances in plains game say 400...
  13. 45-70guy

    Lead levels

    True story which is why I was curious what the general average was amongst us.
  14. 45-70guy

    Lead levels

    And so when you say the problem went away I’m curious on that. Does the lead just slowly leave our bodies over time?
 
Top