Recent content by 12bore_paradox

  1. 12bore_paradox

    Slug hunting Plains Game and Dangerous Game?

    Aria ballistics has a “big game foster” weighing 560 grains at 1775 fps that’s 3916 fy lbs of energy it is also a SUPER hard cast north of 23 bhn heat treated, it has also had great success in the past on the Black Death. I’m not trying to make a big deal but just wanted to let you know.
  2. 12bore_paradox

    Round nose vs flat nose in big bores

    Yeah I have aria ballistics hard cast 722 grain slugs at 1600 fps! That’s a lot of power!
  3. 12bore_paradox

    Round nose vs flat nose in big bores

    What I have heard is that once you get up to 0.584 you get unnecessary drag that will not benefit any even in wound channel. And that a round nose in (what I have) a 0.725 caliber will out penatrate similar bullets with a flat nose thank you for replying!
  4. 12bore_paradox

    Round nose vs flat nose in big bores

    I have heard that once you get past 0.584 caliber a flat nose does LESS damage than a round nose, I was just wanting to get a 2nd opinion from people with EXPERIENCE! Thank you ☺️
  5. 12bore_paradox

    The Perfect Plains Game Rifle

    In my personal opinion I would choose 375 ruger for a shorter action and longer range abilities
  6. 12bore_paradox

    .375 should be banned from buffalo hunts!

    if you find fault with the 0.375, I would recommend using 300-350 grain cup point solids. They penetrate almost like a solid and leave a wound channel almost that of a soft point.
 
Top