Vintage Safari Pictures

Great pictures, Foxi, dankeschön.

Great photo's Foxi. Those are massive Nile Pearch.

Thanks for sharing. (y)

Have fun skiing.

full

full

Fred Bear at the buff?

Sure looks like Fred Bear to me @Foxi

Indeed it is Fred Bear.

Found this and wanted to share this old article with you.
Yes, nothing has changed in 70 years.

An article from a 1947 edition of LIFE Magazine about 14 year old Virginia Brooks and some of the trophies she took on a safari with her family and guided by the legendary Donald Ker. Note the readers comments. Nothing has changed in 70 years !

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
You could literally paste those comments on YouTube or any news site comments section and they would fit perfectly.

You could literally paste those comments on YouTube or any news site comments section and they would fit perfectly.

Except nowadays the comments are are more insults and wishing death and disease and rape on the hunter's family.

Back then at least when folk commented and voiced disapproval, they did it politely!

If only the social media armchair conservationists and antis could use words like 'whimsical' and phrases such as 'highly regrettable'!

Except nowadays the comments are are more insults and wishing death and disease and rape on the hunter's family.

Back then at least when folk commented and voiced disapproval, they did it politely!

If only the social media armchair conservationists and antis could use words like 'whimsical' and phrases such as 'highly regrettable'!
Well the top comment says she should be holding her father's head in a picture after she shot him. Maybe they were just a few decades ahead of their time.

Well the top comment says she should be holding her father's head in a picture after she shot him. Maybe they were just a few decades ahead of their time.
But it was said so politely!

Reactions: CEO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you