Vintage Safari Pictures

Great pictures, Foxi, dankeschön.

Great photo's Foxi. Those are massive Nile Pearch.

Thanks for sharing. (y)

Have fun skiing.

full

full

Fred Bear at the buff?

Sure looks like Fred Bear to me @Foxi

Indeed it is Fred Bear.

Found this and wanted to share this old article with you.
Yes, nothing has changed in 70 years.

An article from a 1947 edition of LIFE Magazine about 14 year old Virginia Brooks and some of the trophies she took on a safari with her family and guided by the legendary Donald Ker. Note the readers comments. Nothing has changed in 70 years !

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
You could literally paste those comments on YouTube or any news site comments section and they would fit perfectly.

You could literally paste those comments on YouTube or any news site comments section and they would fit perfectly.

Except nowadays the comments are are more insults and wishing death and disease and rape on the hunter's family.

Back then at least when folk commented and voiced disapproval, they did it politely!

If only the social media armchair conservationists and antis could use words like 'whimsical' and phrases such as 'highly regrettable'!

Except nowadays the comments are are more insults and wishing death and disease and rape on the hunter's family.

Back then at least when folk commented and voiced disapproval, they did it politely!

If only the social media armchair conservationists and antis could use words like 'whimsical' and phrases such as 'highly regrettable'!
Well the top comment says she should be holding her father's head in a picture after she shot him. Maybe they were just a few decades ahead of their time.

Well the top comment says she should be holding her father's head in a picture after she shot him. Maybe they were just a few decades ahead of their time.
But it was said so politely!

Reactions: CEO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnelieseH

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross