Thank you from a new member

Welcome to the best hunting site on the interweb. Hold onto your wallet as the enablers here will have you booking your first safari in no time.

Hey everybody I am a longtime reader of africahunting.com and finally decided to join the site officially. I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and also say thank you for inspiring a young hunter to pursue his dream of hunting in Africa. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading many of the hunting reports and hope to add a few of my own to the thread in the future. Now to tell everyone a bit about myself, I am a lifelong hunter/fisherman and enjoy chasing whitetail deer, turkey, hogs, ducks and anything else found in the woods throughout the year. I will graduate from medical school within the next few months and begin my residency in Internal Medicine and hope to continue my training with a fellowship in Gastroenterology. It has always been my dream to hunt dangerous game in Africa and I plan to make that dream a reality soon with hopefully a yearly DG Africa hunting trip.
Welcome to AH

Greetings HunterDoc,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

We wish you the best of luck with your new career.
Meanwhile, if you ever become interested in Namibia, when you can spare a minute, do have a look into the Khomas Safaris web site.

And rifles …. if you don’t already have a .375 H&H, with the whole Africa experience, sooner or later you will want one.
May as well start watching for a good deal now.
Today’s present manufactured Model 70 Winchester is a good one, as are the now sadly both discontinued CZ Model 550 and Brno Model 602.

My favorite of the 3 is the Brno 602 Magnum but all of the 3 mentioned are excellent.
Also, the Brno and the CZ were formerly made in plentiful numbers.
So, finding a used one in excellent condition is common, if a shopper is patient to wait until one pops up at your local gun shop or in the outstanding web site,
www.gunsinternational.com

I am also quite fond of the Ruger Model #1 single shot rifle.
(Shot my very first caribou with one).
But, most hunters prefer a repeater and Ruger has sadly quit making that excellent rifle in .375 caliber so, I only mention it as a side note.

Anyway, Cheers for now,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to the family and the forum, you are in the right place!

Welcome to AH!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
niljohn67

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….