Takeri Pics

New Variants at Takeri..... Bushhogs. Should be interesting.

Only the one ....and so many restrictions and permits needed for moving them and warthogs , the game capture people here as far as I can tell aren't interested as too much aggro....

Spent a 4day weekend out at takeri with Pete Snr.
Had a nice relaxing time in the bush.

Pleasant since @spike.t wasn’t there to harass us. :A Stirring: :)

Not much beats this view for a quiet beer in the afternoon

40B52CF8-C749-4FE5-9FFD-916A690866E4.jpeg

Last edited:
while out on one of our long walks on the peninsula, we came across this old boy and he had no idea we were there.
One look as he turned away from me and I raised the 458lott. As soon as he squared up and presented a shoulder shot, I sent a 500gr rhino soft through the plumbing and clipped the spine above his heart and he dropped on the spot.
thanks Mike. Much appreciated.

we also saw two beauts much bigger than this that will be bloody nice trophies for some lucky hunters.
A blue duiker also obliged and stood in the road for about 5mins while we watched him. I hesitantly say he will go top5 in Zambia. If not better. An absolute monster of a blue duiker.

0E9FC2C3-B7CE-419D-ACEB-7367C27DF0CE.jpeg

@PeteG how about a sable report/update?

All the critters should be well fed then.

Memo to self: In addition to bringing the 7x57 and 404, pack the weed-eater and spare batteries.

This is the African version of a weed eater.

Another one to give an idea how tall and thick the grass gets...some easily is 12 to 14ft tall in places...I am standing about same length as cruiser behind it.....standing 6ft to the side I wouldn't be able to see it...

20230507_161926.jpg

I think that qualifies as "tall grass"

Nice to see some wildlife.

I am thinking the working title for my upcoming hunt report might be, "Death in the Really Tall Grass" or "Death in the Tall Tall Grass."

Well started the official burning yesterday....still mostly too green in a lot of areas to burn, so just drive around looking for areas or parts of areas can flambé :E Big Grin:...head in bout an hour after sun has had time to burn off the dew and warm things up a bit, as night time getting cold now...
Head scout firing up with first match of the season ...
IMG-20230519-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20230519-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20230520-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20230520-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20230519-WA0019.jpg

Hi tech fire fighting equipment...branches and couple of knapsack water sprays ....

Last edited by a moderator:
On way back from burning we found a fire near one of the scouts camps that had got past the perimeter fence firebreak...the people outside are supposed to let us now if they setting fires, but generally just set and off it goes...they haven't any capabilities or indeed inclination to even try control them...guys did good job putting it out...

IMG-20230621-WA0021.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febeg91356

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone