Suggestions wanted for swamp overnight trip in Louisiana

Luminous Ham

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia
I and a friend are going to spend two weeks of holiday in Louisiana first half of May this year. We are trying to figure out what to do - one of the things we certainly want to do is a swamp tour. It seems, however, all tours are max a few hours whereas we would have thought that there would be also longer tours with an overnight stay. Anybody know of such tours? If a bit of fishing or hunting is included that would he perfect.

Other suggestions for what to do, preferably a bit off the beaten track are also welcome, we will rent a car so can go almost anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

You might want to check out the "Naked and Afraid" outfitters. It's more of a DIY, drop camp kind of deal. Plenty of fishing and hunting off the beaten track. You could save on the car rental as they will take you there and pick you up when done.

My first question would be , have you ever spent any time in a south eastern US swamp? They can be extremely unpleasant even in May.
If you want to do some fishing look into some of the 2-3 day trips to the Chandelier islands. Where you go out on a mothership and take skiffs to the islands and fish/explore on your own and return to the MS for meals a shower and sleeping.

You might want to check out the "Naked and Afraid" outfitters. It's more of a DIY, drop camp kind of deal. Plenty of fishing and hunting off the beaten track. You could save on the car rental as they will take you there and pick you up when done.
Thx, do you have some links on this, the only "Naked and Afraid" I can find is some tv show?

My first question would be , have you ever spent any time in a south eastern US swamp? They can be extremely unpleasant even in May.
If you want to do some fishing look into some of the 2-3 day trips to the Chandelier islands. Where you go out on a mothership and take skiffs to the islands and fish/explore on your own and return to the MS for meals a shower and sleeping.
Thx. Nope, never been to swamps but live half the year in tropical climate with 30+ C and 85% humidity, so got some idea. I do not ask for a fishing trip, the main purpose is the swamp, fishing just an optional add-on.

I can hear the skeeters already. Take some bug spray.
look into Venice for some fishing adventures,
have not done what you are looking for but check around the Lafayette, New Iberia area and the Atchafalaya Basin area between Baton Rouge and Lafayette I would think there are companies doing that in the area.

These cabins are nice. I keep my houseboat a couple of miles from here during the summer. In my area, any more remote will likely require a boat ride. Fausse Pointe is about 20 miles from Henderson on the levee road, it is paved the whole way. You could go on a swamp tour from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosHeis

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.