Leopard Hunt opinions

Michael Wathen

Reaction score
Good day to everyone, I'm sure theres going to be an overwheming opinion but I was looking for advise for best area, country etc... for a Leopard hunt.

Thank you in advance.

I would wager serious money that Nick Nolte is the most successful Leopard PH in Africa. His success rate is at the 90th percentile, and he has been at it for thirty years. His base of operations is in the foothills of Erongo Mountains of central Namibia. This is low fence cattle ranch country that teems with native plains game and big calf killing cats. Should you be bringing your spouse, Nick's lovely spouse Isabel has created paradise of a lodge. https://nicknoltehunting.com/about/

Are you looking only for bait leopard hunts or hound hunts also?

For leopard over bait, I’d highly recommend Clint Taylor at Game Trackers Africa. Location- Tanzania

John Sharp in Zimbabwe is also excellent & a true gentleman.

For leopard over hounds, I’d highly recommend Jeff Rann. Location-Botswana

Good day to everyone, I'm sure theres going to be an overwheming opinion but I was looking for advise for best area, country etc... for a Leopard hunt.

Thank you in advance.
With your permission, I can PM you a couple of classic leopard safari options.

You may want to contact Jacques Spamer of @JKO Safaris. I just got my full body mount this past week- took this Tom in Namibia with Jacques.
IMG_6581.JPG
IMG_6576.JPG

After being on this forum for a good number of years the best advice for leopard that I've heard was to find the right PH. Some PH's are great "cat men". Thats the guy you want. Don't let price be the deciding factor. It's a lot more expensive to go 2 or even 3 times for a leopard than to pay a little more and get one the first time. I'd not book for just anytime. I'd want the PH to tell me when the prime time to hunt is. I recall one poster on here that hunted Namibia for a leopard. The Gemsbuck calves were being born and they couldn't get a cat on bait because of the abundance of food. Good luck with your planning.
Bruce

I would also consider Drikus Swanepoel with Ekuja Safaris Namibia. I took my leopard with him.

I strongly recommend Somerby Safaris. A few weeks ago I took a big leopard in Zimbabwe. The main area that we hunted in is known as the Naivasha area … a large concession that is approximately 250,000 acres. Somerby will also advise you as to the best time to hunt your cat. I had a fantastic experience! I also bagged an old buffalo and a nice crocodile.

I would wager serious money that Nick Nolte is the most successful Leopard PH in Africa. His success rate is at the 90th percentile, and he has been at it for thirty years. His base of operations is in the foothills of Erongo Mountains of central Namibia. This is low fence cattle ranch country that teems with native plains game and big calf killing cats. Should you be bringing your spouse, Nick's lovely spouse Isabel has created paradise of a lodge. https://nicknoltehunting.com/about/
Like @Red Leg said, I think Namibia is worth checking out. In fact, I’ve placed my bet and booked a hunt in the Erongo foothills next April. I’ll be hunting with Werner von Seydlitz. He runs Immenhof Hunting. This will be my 3rd safari with Werner. That should tell you what I think about him and his operation. He is great to hunt with and a “cat man” who consistently delivers for his clients. Only 341 days to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnaCritte

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?