Steyr Mannlicher Luxus - Experiences with one?

hunting4sanity

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
RMEF, DU, SCI, NRA
I've been casually looking for a 375 H&H for awhile, but where I live in eastern Washington no one seems to carry them. I knew there was a Winchester M70 at a local dealer finally and told my wife we were going out to dinner tonight, she knew I was wanting to look at a rifle, but you gotta sweeten the pot some times. Anyway, I went in and looked the Winchester over and liked it, then I found another 375H&H right beside it, a Steyr Luxus. It was a lot more money, but the bolt action and trigger were amazingly smooth and made the Winchester now seem somewhat lacking. I've read good things about Steyr's accuracy and craftsmanship. As little as I know about Steyr and the 375, I knew more than the guys in the store tonight. So, now I'm curious if any of you have experience with the Steyr? Spendy, but wow that gun felt good.

Last edited:
The new Luxus doesn´t sell very well, because of the montage for the riflescope. You can change the barrel like Blaser, from 243 to 375 HH. But the solution of mounting a riflescope isn´t well engineered.

Mannlicher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rusty Shakelford

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.