Steyr Mannlicher Luxus - Experiences with one?

hunting4sanity

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
RMEF, DU, SCI, NRA
I've been casually looking for a 375 H&H for awhile, but where I live in eastern Washington no one seems to carry them. I knew there was a Winchester M70 at a local dealer finally and told my wife we were going out to dinner tonight, she knew I was wanting to look at a rifle, but you gotta sweeten the pot some times. Anyway, I went in and looked the Winchester over and liked it, then I found another 375H&H right beside it, a Steyr Luxus. It was a lot more money, but the bolt action and trigger were amazingly smooth and made the Winchester now seem somewhat lacking. I've read good things about Steyr's accuracy and craftsmanship. As little as I know about Steyr and the 375, I knew more than the guys in the store tonight. So, now I'm curious if any of you have experience with the Steyr? Spendy, but wow that gun felt good.

Last edited:
The new Luxus doesn´t sell very well, because of the montage for the riflescope. You can change the barrel like Blaser, from 243 to 375 HH. But the solution of mounting a riflescope isn´t well engineered.

Mannlicher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RogelioCat

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)