SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Langkloof Game Farm?

baldwin1968

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello all,
Met Eric at the Sportsman's show in Denver. They were taking bookings for African hunts and he had some great footage of some kudu on the property that he was showing me.
I can't find much about Langkloof other than nice posts from non hunters about staying at the resort. Eric said they're trying to expand into the US so they didn't have US client references.

Has anyone heard of them or had any dealings?
Thanks so much!

Pretty sure many sponsors onnhere could match or better whatever he was offering you

Regards

There are a lot of PHs and properties in South Africa that come and go frequently. I don’t think you’ll find any feedback here. I think choosing a participating sponsor would be your best option for a first hunt. You get some accountability through the forum and good hunt reports to look back on.

Yep, I've been leaning toward a sponsor. Spoke to one the other day from here who has great reviews and would have to wait until 2024 to hunt but that may be what I end up doing.
I was thinking potentially about going in August of 2023. That's what I had spoken to Eric about.
He was offering a greater kudu hunt, 5 days, 6 nights with PH, food, lodging.
Not sure if it's OK to put prices up here or not so I won't, but it was reasonable. I want a gemsbok too and that was an additional $1K but he was going to allow me to only pay for it if I shot one.

I have the time I can take off this year, but I should have time in 2024 as well. Recently had a friend die and another diagnosed with cancer so I've got the "get it done while you can and don't wait" attitude going.

Yep, I've been leaning toward a sponsor. Spoke to one the other day from here who has great reviews and would have to wait until 2024 to hunt but that may be what I end up doing.
I was thinking potentially about going in August of 2023. That's what I had spoken to Eric about.
He was offering a greater kudu hunt, 5 days, 6 nights with PH, food, lodging.
Not sure if it's OK to put prices up here or not so I won't, but it was reasonable. I want a gemsbok too and that was an additional $1K but he was going to allow me to only pay for it if I shot one.

I have the time I can take off this year, but I should have time in 2024 as well. Recently had a friend die and another diagnosed with cancer so I've got the "get it done while you can and don't wait" attitude going.
I’m glad you are taking steps to make your trip happen. All South African hunt packages or daily rates include lodging, PH, food, daily laundry, etc. You’ll find the level of service is much higher than you’ll find on hunts in the USA. Only paying after you take a trophy is standard with all outfitters too unless you booked a specific package. What distinguishes them is the camp and number of hunters in camp, driving time to properties, and quality of properties they have access to.

You won’t regret going with an outfit that sponsors AH and has a solid track record.

I can attest to Stuart Williams of Tally Ho. Its a class outfit that will treat you, as the only client, like long lost family! I have hunted with a couple other outfitters that I will not recommend.

There are of course other fine outfitters but I haven't hunted with them. For our sponsors, certainly other AH members have.

Outfitters capabilities fit in three general categories:
1. Professional Hunting ability
2. Business (and camp and so on) management
3. People skills
If they fail any of those three, you will be in for a less than stellar hunt!

Whoever you may consider, ask them for half a dozen references. Contact those references and ask for a phone/WhatsApp call. Ask them hard questions because what was good for them may be terrible for you! Listen to the inflection in their voices. Do they hesitantly provide positive answers or does their enthusiasm almost knock you over?

Last edited:
Just wanted to write a reponse to this old post in case any others met Erich at a sports show.
My wife and I archery hunted with Langkloof Safaris and Hunting in March. It was our first trip to Africa, but won't be our last. The hunt was greater than we ever expected and better than what Erich had sold us. The whole operation is top notch and we were well taken care of. Of course, being our only safari, we have nothing to compare it with; however, genuine people and great hunting is all one can ask for. Hospitality was unbelievable and would recommend to anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleThu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?