Rolex- the stupidest, lamest company

Serious question, how many of you would wear your Rolex or Omega, or GS doing farm work, changing oil, or anything along those lines where you know it’s going to get dirty or beat up. I’m genuinely curious about the beatings your watches have taken.

When working on machinery, my personal rule is no jewelry of any sort, including watches.

A friend of mine does wear his Rolex except when he has to reach his arm up into the machinery far enough to get snagged on something, He usually removes it after it gets caught a couple of times.

His Rolex I might add, is one that he inherited from his late uncle, who served in the Navy during the 1930s and '40s. Apparently it stopped working at some point and the uncle stopped wearing it. So when my friend inherited it, the watch was in its original box, along with the receipt from the Naval Exchange store. Following several false-starts at repair with a jewelry store, I placed him in contact with an actual watchmaker who also happens to be an authorized repairer and who was able to properly service it. He wears it pretty much everywhere now, and yes that includes changing oil, haying and most other tasks.

i have:
Datejust 1601
GMT Master 2 “batman”
explorer 2
1680 submariner

i wasnt a huge rolex fan when i got into watches, but grew into it. i wear the explorer 2 as my daily wearer. took the oyster bracelet off and put a leather strap on it.

im also a huge IWC fan

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I'm not being serious!

The preceding 32 pages have been interesting and entertaining. Yes I have a Rolex was given to me by my wife in 1964 as I was scuba diving at the time wore it for about 15 years and stopped scuba so watch went in a drawer. Only use the IPhone today best of all watches.

If you have a cellphone, why does anyone need a watch????
Especially a thief bait Rolex???

You're right, stick with a disposable Chinese cell phone. There's clearly no reason to enjoy a finely crafted mechanical instrument that will last many generations and serve as a wonderful reminder of your legacy for children, family, friends....

I'm trying to decide if you are for real or this is a troll.

The reality is that either way, no amount of explaining will help you understand.

Me? No troll here. Just prefer using the iphone as a watch.
I have had two friends mugged for their Rolex's. One in NYC and the other in Houston.....

Wear the best you can afford and like. I just prefer the cellphone.

Me? No troll here. Just prefer using the iphone as a watch.
I have had two friends mugged for their Rolex's. One in NYC and the other in Houston.....

Wear the best you can afford and like. I just prefer the cellphone.
Or be like me? 6’3” 240lbs… I don’t get mugged wearing any kind of watch lol

They just shoot you first . It’s easier . Being big is a minor deterrent . Depend on how much someone else values your stuff
Well I guess most people would agree with you? But as several others on the forum know that’s been tried before!
Ive been shot five times and stabbed once before! It didn’t turn out well for any of them!
You want my watch? I don’t care where I am! You had better pack a lunch because it’s gonna be a long shitty day for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharing246

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek