Rockin G Ranch Hunting Season Pictures

I love snakes, but we don't have much of a variety up here. What kind of snake is the one in the pic?

I love snakes, but we don't have much of a variety up here. What kind of snake is the one in the pic?
It's a hog nose. What's really cool about them is when they get scared the can flatten out there head like a cobra as a defense mechanism. They have a really loose head with extra skin which is why it looks like I'm squeezing the poo out of him but in actuality I'm holding him very gently. They don't get very big, that's about as big as they'll get.

IMG_3323.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@ActionBob killed an absolute stud of a scimitar oryx yesterday. Was a very cool hunt and he did it with his 275 Rigby, 225 yards and absolutely drilled this bull. Very well done and a very big congrats to Bob.
IMG_3331.JPG
IMG_3332.JPG
This bull carries his mass all the way up which is just wonderful. Excellent old bull and a hellava trophy.

2 weeks away from a trip to the Caprock!

That's a big ol Texas dall in those pics!

looks like one could get a sore trigger finger at your place,great pics.

Nice speed goat there!

You're killing me !

I was think about you this week...... I knew season opened Saturday. Figured you were busy out chasing them. Congratulations!

I was think about you this week...... I knew season opened Saturday. Figured you were busy out chasing them. Congratulations!
It was a tough hunt. Weather had them scattered out and broke up. Nothing was moving and most importantly feeding. The place we hunt pronghorn on has corn and alfalfa fields but nothing was interested in eating. Rain made everything really muddy and difficult to move in. We got it done though.

Got one more this weekend. Hopefully conditions will improve by then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
58Annalicia90

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!