Rockin G Ranch Hunting Season Pictures

I love snakes, but we don't have much of a variety up here. What kind of snake is the one in the pic?

I love snakes, but we don't have much of a variety up here. What kind of snake is the one in the pic?
It's a hog nose. What's really cool about them is when they get scared the can flatten out there head like a cobra as a defense mechanism. They have a really loose head with extra skin which is why it looks like I'm squeezing the poo out of him but in actuality I'm holding him very gently. They don't get very big, that's about as big as they'll get.

IMG_3323.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@ActionBob killed an absolute stud of a scimitar oryx yesterday. Was a very cool hunt and he did it with his 275 Rigby, 225 yards and absolutely drilled this bull. Very well done and a very big congrats to Bob.
IMG_3331.JPG
IMG_3332.JPG
This bull carries his mass all the way up which is just wonderful. Excellent old bull and a hellava trophy.

2 weeks away from a trip to the Caprock!

That's a big ol Texas dall in those pics!

looks like one could get a sore trigger finger at your place,great pics.

Nice speed goat there!

You're killing me !

I was think about you this week...... I knew season opened Saturday. Figured you were busy out chasing them. Congratulations!

I was think about you this week...... I knew season opened Saturday. Figured you were busy out chasing them. Congratulations!
It was a tough hunt. Weather had them scattered out and broke up. Nothing was moving and most importantly feeding. The place we hunt pronghorn on has corn and alfalfa fields but nothing was interested in eating. Rain made everything really muddy and difficult to move in. We got it done though.

Got one more this weekend. Hopefully conditions will improve by then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henryedulk

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.