RECIPES: Cooking Wild Game

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Holy cow (pun intended). Has it already been 6 years since I wrote up this stuff?

- browningbbr

Great posts! Thanks!!

Country a Fried Sable Steak with milk gravy.......made by Heidi at Flint Beck Lodge, simply outstanding. The folks on the farm had aged the sable neat 28 days just like a great steak and man was it good!

Soaking a meat (any meat) overnight in milk will take a strong flavor out, mostly. After that season to taste.

I just did 5 pounds of deer burger with 1 pound of ground pork in a crock pot with 6 taco bell seasoning packets. On low for 8 hours. Not even a bit of gamey flavor and I usually can taste a slight bit in most meats. I truly feel I just made a run for the border with this batch!!!

Oh, than try 5 pounds of deer burger with a couple packets of Lipton Onion soup mix, one chopped onion and some water. Cook on low in crock pot for 8 hours mixing. The last hour throw some chopped mushrooms in. Put on cooked egg noodles or rice. Seems to work!!!

image.jpeg

Buy this book the man runs multiple 4 star restaurants and there are over 1000 recipes for all types of game from all over Louisianna. This is hands down the best cookbook I own. All recipes are organized by animal/ game type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AiWinClubApp

Latest profile posts

new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH