Politics

So after spending a month in two relatively calm African Countries, maybe there is a better option. If you are living in a corrupt country, maybe being someplace you truly enjoy is a better option. All the Zambians and Namibians I spent time with were fundamentally happy. Politics on a smaller scale.
To live happily (and sucessfully) in Africa:
1. Have a foot in at least two countries.
2. No local politics.
3. Buy a pith helmet

2. No local politics.
3. Buy a pith helmet

I’m thinking you rent and not “own” in addition to your list.

I’m thinking you rent and not “own” in addition to your list.
Interesting. In general yes, but from my experience you should own your principal homestead. You have to have a place where you can be you, sink your roots, make your castle. Even in Zimbabwe with all the land grabbing homesteads in the suburbs were never targeted, a few here and there yes, but the vast majority were not.

So after spending a month in two relatively calm African Countries, maybe there is a better option. If you are living in a corrupt country, maybe being someplace you truly enjoy is a better option. All the Zambians and Namibians I spent time with were fundamentally happy. Politics on a smaller scale.
I'm not sure that any country is completely free of some level of corruption. Our eyes have certainly been opened to a higher level of it than most Americans would have thought possible.

I agree, all countries are afflicted. Joe Biden has done enormous harm not only to the USA, but because the moral high ground that the USA once may have had is now plainly compromised, all can justify themselves. The true depth of his actions have yet to come out, he would gladly sacrifice the USA for his waster son, he has already done so. Everyone knows it, we out here see it, and what we see is the filthy Democrats condoning it, sacrificing the nation upon the alter of party politics. They have done us all immeasurable damage and they should be made to pay.

2. No local politics.
3. Buy a pith helmet
Well, I have 1 out of the three :<)

Attachments

• DSC_2836 (2).JPG
    DSC_2836 (2).JPG
    643 KB · Views: 38
A lot of focus on supplying Ukraine with F-16s, ATACMs etc. The russian navy port of Sebastopol still feature their Black Sea navy..what about giving Ukraine lets say 3 modern diesel subs..?

If Ukraine succes in sinking more russian surface ships the humiliation will be total, ref. the sinking of Moskva..

@Pondoro, not sure if yours is a joke or not, but...

Unfortunately, Ukraine has allegedly lost her last navy vessel, some weeks ago. Destroyed while at berth in Odessa. So, no more Navy.
For diesel subs you need logistics and basis, not sure they are available, I went on quick search on internet, last sub in Ukraina was decommissioned / or returned to Russia before war, and I dont think you can make crash courses to quickly train the crew for effective submarine war operations

This means, war will be decided either at battlefields, or more likely on negotiations table. Not by naval assaults or invasions.

On a side note, later edit. Ex Ukranian sub, is foxtrot class sub.
And one of this type is on permanent display as museum, in Long Beach, USA. I was inside as a tourist some years ago. This one was deccominssioned from Indian navy, and brought to the states, and opened as museum. Later I heard was to be closed and sold.

Last edited:
2. No local politics.
3. Buy a pith helmet

What was the song "Meatloaf" sang? "Two outta three ain't bad"

@Pondoro, not sure if yours is a joke or not, but...

Unfortunately, Ukraine has allegedly lost her last navy vessel, some weeks ago. Destroyed while at berth in Odessa. So, no more Navy.
For diesel subs you need logistics and basis, not sure they are available, I went on quick search on internet, last sub in Ukraina was decommissioned / or returned to Russia before war, and I dont think you can make crash courses to quickly train the crew for effective submarine war operations

This means, war will be decided either at battlefields, or more likely on negotiations table. Not by naval assaults or invasions.

On a side note, later edit. Ex Ukranian sub, is foxtrot class sub.
And one of this type is on permanent display as museum, in Long Beach, USA. I was inside as a tourist some years ago. This one was deccominssioned from Indian navy, and brought to the states, and opened as museum. Later I heard was to be closed and sold.

Perhaps cruise missiles are a better way to go..

This is true.
Exocet missile almost ended the Falkland war for Argentina.

The problem was Argentina had only 5+1 missiles. Further deliveries from France were stopped by political and diplomatic channels.

Out of 5 misiles:
HMS shefield sunk, destroyer (2 misiles)
P&O MV Atlantic conveyor, supply ship sunk (with number of jet fighers harriers in containers) - fired at it by mistake of pilot,. as he was observing large radar signature, and estimated this to be air craft carrier (2 mislies)
1 missed at navy target
those 5 fired from air.

1 was launched from a car/truck - improvised launch, and damaged one smaller navy ship.
Captain, when relising the missile is on the way, turned the stern to face missile and missile hit I think in the hangar for chopper. Damaged put under control and fixed. several casualties

So, extremely high success rate by cruising missile against shipping, but once Argentina run out of those few Exocets, the brits kept dominance at sea. Which led to them winning the war at Falklands

In the course of campaign, they sunk Argentinian cruiser Belgrano by torpedo from a sub (so far the last and only use of torpedo against ships. after world war 2.)

This is true.
Exocet missile almost ended the Falkland war for Argentina.

The problem was Argentina had only 5+1 missiles. Further deliveries from France were stopped by political and diplomatic channels.

Out of 5 misiles:
HMS shefield sunk, destroyer (2 misiles)
P&O MV Atlantic conveyor, supply ship sunk (with number of jet fighers harriers in containers) - fired at it by mistake of pilot,. as he was observing large radar signature, and estimated this to be air craft carrier (2 mislies)
1 missed at navy target
those 5 fired from air.

1 was launched from a car/truck - improvised launch, and damaged one smaller navy ship.
Captain, when relising the missile is on the way, turned the stern to face missile and missile hit I think in the hangar for chopper. Damaged put under control and fixed. several casualties

So, extremely high success rate by cruising missile against shipping, but once Argentina run out of those few Exocets, the brits kept dominance at sea. Which led to them winning the war at Falklands

In the course of campaign, they sunk Argentinian cruiser Belgrano by torpedo from a sub (so far the last and only use of torpedo against ships. after world war 2.)

Militarily speaking, Ukraine already has largely neutered the Russian surface fleet. Other than launching cruise missiles from their corvettes at extreme range, there is little their surface fleet can accomplish without coming in range of land based anti-ship missiles. Ukraine has both a domestically produced weapon that sank the Moskva and the US Harpoon. Last year they were provided a number of ground launch Harpoon anti-ship missiles from the US through Denmark. These have a range of roughly 150 miles and are sea skimmers like the Exocet.

That is a pretty big deal, because it takes off the table any realistic hope the Russians would have of fixing Ukrainian formations by threatening an amphibious operation against the Black Sea coast and particularly Odessa.

Last edited:
1688946136513.jpeg

1688985313004.jpeg

1688985342418.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taigo88poker

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.