New varmit rifle

I have the first gen Savage 17 pre accutrigger and it shoots sub moa as long as there is zero wind. I've even whacked beaver with body shots. Great little gun

I own too, I bought one the first off the self....for $200.00

Like that setup. I had a light similar to that one until this guy set up at the local gun show with a neat compact light that attaches under the barrel with magnets. Easy to switch from rifle to rifle and out of the way. They are called Stik-N-Shoot. If you haven't seen them, check out their website. www.stiknshoot.com

I picked up the 93 last year in 22mag on Christmas Eve. Needed a rimfire to hog hunt with during small game season on public land (rimfire/birdshot only). With the cheap scope it was dead on and touching every shot on paper. Put a 3-9 nikon on it and killed a hog with it last season and plan too again this year.

For ~$300 it's the most fun gun I own and with a headshot will flatten a hog completely. Probably put 200 rounds through it at the range last season. Just a fun gun to shoot

I have the same stock on my savage .22 in laminate nice little gun but had problems with the magazine feed and off centre thread for the moderator

I flipped out when I ran into magazine problems fresh out of the box. Little research said it's been a problem for 10+ years which only pissed me off more. Big company not fixing a known problem... I called and complained and got 2 new mags which all have the same problem... Found a DIY online which solved the problem. How accurate it is made up for the BS in my mind but still poor business practice

Iv'e heard about bad Bolts on the 22 Savages, I can say I have not had any problems of any kind, I had a 22 semi auto when I was a kid never cleaned it just shot the Piss out of it

I had problems with it feeding using an after market high capacity mag. It feeds fine with the five round factory mag but doesn't like the 10 rounder. I haven't had time to mess with it and see what the problem is but over all I'm very happy with it.

I'm saving for a Volquartsen superlite in 22Mag. Got a suppressor for it. Can't wait!

I had problems with it feeding using an after market high capacity mag. It feeds fine with the five round factory mag but doesn't like the 10 rounder. I haven't had time to mess with it and see what the problem is but over all I'm very happy with it.
Is your problem the bolt won't pick up the round ?

Is your problem the bolt won't pick up the round ?

I have that problem with my Savage B-mag in .17 wsm. I love shooting the rifle but that magazine is a piece of s#@t and is driving me nuts.

I'm now planning on buying either a .204 or a .223 to use on coyotes. I think I've 90% decided on a Ruger American....unless I can find a deal on a Tikka or Browning!

I have that problem with my Savage B-mag in .17 wsm. I love shooting the rifle but that magazine is a piece of s#@t and is driving me nuts.

I'm now planning on buying either a .204 or a .223 to use on coyotes. I think I've 90% decided on a Ruger American....unless I can find a deal on a Tikka or Browning!
The Mags are junk but I found that inserting the mag with the bolt open works on my 22r, Find yourself a Model 110 Savage in 223 Cheap and they shoot great

Yes with the aftermarket mag it will have trouble picking it up and jam. Factory mag has no problems. I love the little rifle. I'll just have to carry a crap load of 5 round factory mags.

here is a picture of mine in .22lr

P1000093.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I freakin love this rifle. We got it all sighted in and you could cover the group with a nickel. Naturally a field test was in order so a little night time rabbit safari action. With 17 grain bullets it will take a jack rabbits head almost completely off from about 50 yards. Very great shooting gun.
great fun to shoot rabbits ( spring hares in RSA ) at night, where permitted of course!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IrmaTobias

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.