New guy from SA

Beefeater

Reaction score
Good day: I am from South Africa and grew up farming - still have not kicked the bad habit. I shoot a .416 Rem Mag Winchester Mod 70 ( Portuguese build) topped with a Leica 1 -6.3 illuminated. I really do think the Leica scopes are up there with the best. I have hunted in South Africa , Namibia and Zimbabwe and dangerous game wise have hunted buffalo, hippo and a tuskless. For the buff and hippo I used 400 gr Barnes TSX and the tuskless Swift Breakaways all in front of Varget. Cheers

Welkom, Beefeater!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard. This is a wonderful community to be a part of. Feel free to share stories and pictures.

Welcome aboard!

G'day from Australia

Welcome from Montana

Welcome to AH Beefeater! Looking forward to your input.

Welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard Beefeater. You've already taken more dangerous game than most of us. What is on your "docket" for future hunts? What part of South Africa are you from? Where do you normally hunt?

Welcome aboard Beefeater. You've already taken more dangerous game than most of us. What is on your "docket" for future hunts? What part of South Africa are you from? Where do you normally hunt?
I am pretty hooked onto buffalo. I hunted 2 buffalo in the Eastern Cape with Lalapa Safaris which were great experiences. The hippo (on land) I hunted last year in Gache Gache on lake Kariba with Tinie Kok who operates MJk Safaris and followed it up this year with a buff / tuskless in Makuti with Tinie again. Busy talking to Tinie about 2024. I have three young sons so they are shooting up the plains game budget in South Africa now .
Something I would love to do in SA is bushpig with dogs in Natal or the Eastern Cape. Other hunts that interest me are dwarf forest buffalo , giant forest hog and yellow back duiker.

Good day: I am from South Africa and grew up farming - still have not kicked the bad habit. I shoot a .416 Rem Mag Winchester Mod 70 ( Portuguese build) topped with a Leica 1 -6.3 illuminated. I really do think the Leica scopes are up there with the best. I have hunted in South Africa , Namibia and Zimbabwe and dangerous game wise have hunted buffalo, hippo and a tuskless. For the buff and hippo I used 400 gr Barnes TSX and the tuskless Swift Breakaways all in front of Varget. Cheers
Welcome to AH! I'm sure you will have much to share with us since you are lucky enough to LIVE in Africa! Sue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MajorBirds

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.