NAMIBIA: My Leopard Hunt Begins

Best wishes for you Johnny....Tonight you will get him, stay aware...!!!!

Johnny, praying to the leopard god......

POPCORN TIME.....COME Johnny....

Hope it happens for ya. Keep on giving it all ya got. All you can do. We're pulling for you. Bruce

Two out.

Bottom of the ninth.

Bases loaded.

Johnny at bat.

I'm feeling good.:)

Looking at this thread, if good wishes mean anything you'll have a very nice leopard in your arms before sunup.

Of course we're counting on you to pull it off, so no pressure or anything from us! :D

I wish you all the best Johnny, you have waited a long time and you deserve it.

When I hunted Leopard this year I just made it to the Airport. The bloody thing showed up the night I left, but there's next time. That's why it's called hunting.

Ladies and gentleman the fat lady has sung. Thank you all for your support and encouragement it has meant so much to me that perfect strangers would show this kind of support to another hunter a stranger. I knew several weeks ago once I received word that the cats stopped hitting baits the hunt would be very problematic.

I gave it my all and my PH was great. I did manage to take some nice plains game as you all know and doing it in the spot and stalk fashion thru the thick thorny brush of Namibia. I did earn them all. I am especially proud of my eland as it was a trophy I wanted to obtain here. You all were especially impressed with my duiker , one member said with those measurements he would go to 45 SCI , not that matters in the least to me.

But as I said I think what has impressed me more than anything else was the support and encouragement I received from everyone involved in my thread. To my buddies Royal27 and gizmo who I stayed in contact with thru what's app thanks! Some where some day we will meet and break bread and drink some wine.

As a hunter we accept failure as a very real option whenever we venture into the field, we accept the dangers that come with some hunts and we rejoice in our victories. We do this because we love it. I hope you have enjoyed my on the fly reports as I find that easier than putting together a long story. Once again thank you all!

Thanks for letting us join your adventure live!

What a hunt and an experience you had!

You're awesome dude!

Loved the daily report.
You got some great trophies and you have now join a very in exclusive club of Leopard hunters that have to go do it again.
Welcome!

Thanks for your report.

Enjoyed the suspense very much as well as the play by play! Thanks for taking us on this journey with you. Africa will be waiting for your return...

Outstanding to have the opportunity to ride along. Look forward to buying you a drink at DSC or SCI ........ or better yet at "Joe's" in Windhoek. Safe travels.

Enjoyed the journey. Thanks for bringing us along.

Have a safe trip back.

Can't say I've followed any thread quite like this one. Always checking for more posts. I knew the hour was drawing near and it wasn't looking ideal but I hoped luck would surprise you and your get a chance at nice leopard.

Great hunt and thanks for dragging us along.

Thank´s Johnny for your day by day, no failure at all........you were there hunting Leopard and everybody knows what thats means.......dificult and not easy hunting at all.......the best thing of all........the great memories and trophies you got there.....and a Big Motive to come back to Africa my friend........made the way back home safe and thanks again.....!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well you took some Awesome trophies and had a good time and that's what it's all about. You can alway go back for mr. Spots. Thanks for the great read and awesome pics.

Keep your head up Johnny! You did all you could but it wasn't ment to be . You got some terrific plains trophies and memories that will last a lifetime. Someday you will go back and get your leopard! Safe journey home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdellStarn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.