NAMIBIA: My Leopard Hunt Begins

Thank you for the daily updates. Really felt like I was there with you. I was pulling for you, but I honestly believe Leopard is the hardest of the big five to get. You hunted hard and got some great animals. Congratulations on a great trip!

I sure enjoyed the report. Sorry old spots did not cooperate

nice reportage Johnny, sorry that you did not find the leopard, next time I will recommenced you to come to Zambia, I will give you a written guarantee -no cat = your hunt and everything around will be a free vaccatio !!

nice reportage Johnny, sorry that you did not find the leopard, next time I will recommenced you to come to Zambia, I will give you a written guarantee -no cat = your hunt and everything around will be a free vaccatio !!

:E Shocked:

Johny
Here you go, chamge the flight while on the aiport!! It is just cross border...

Congrats on a great hunt, as you said you got some great trophies and you worked your but off. Unfortunately that is why it is called hunting, but if you stay dedicated one day you will have a good Tom in your house!! Have a safe trip back
All the best

Johnny, sorry to here that Ole Spot managed to get past you. Keep in mind though that success is in the attempt and the experience.

I'm like you, in a way I was kind of bummed that I wasn't able to take two of my big items on the want/need/hit list this time around but I would not change a single thing.

Even some of the long stalks that were fruitless at the end were amazing experiences and out of the 22 days I was there I was never bored for even an hour.

As my buddy reminded me, it's what we didn't get that will ensure we work hard to come back.

You had a good time, you brought home some trophies, and you probably made some new friends both here and there.

I'd call that a success.

On another note since I keep seeing it mentioned maybe we need to start a thread and set up a "date" for all of us to get together one night in Dallas at the DSC convention?

All the best.

Now that's a deal I can't pass up. You have my attention.

Johnny, great spirit, great report...... You just lived the TRUE hunting experience ..... That is why its called hunting...... The big one is in the future .... Safe journey hone......

Johnny that's some tough luck but it sounds like you had a great trip. You certainly took some excellent animals. Congrats and safe travels home.

n another note since I keep seeing it mentioned maybe we need to start a thread and set up a "date" for all of us to get together one night in Dallas at the DSC convention?

This will definitely be done!

@PHOENIX PHIL , I assume details will be coming out fairly soon?

Sorry to see you did not get your cat. Glad you did get to take some great plains game though.

Looks like your Ph was really working hard to get your cat but africa threw a wrench in it with the young of the year being born. Another trip and maybe you will get your cat not sure what country you will hunt but the place you were at seems to have done all they could for you.

looking forward to chatting with you to hear more about the trip.

A hunt well hunted!

A story well told!

VICTORY!

Sorry no Mr. Spots keep trying,it took me three (y) hunts to get my cat but it was worth every min.of the hunts.The hardest trophy to hunt in Africa. John.

Gordon please pm me details on the leopard hunt. Let me see if it doable.

Mr Spots is a tough one! congratulations on a fantastic trip and the memories that accompany it! You always need a reason to go back...

Sorry you didn't get your leopard, you kept your head up and hunted hard. We are proud of your effort!

I see that you have already started your first safari by wearing THE CAP. Everyday I wore mine I harvested a beautiful trophy PG animal. So keep yours on. Lastly, one wise member related that "once you go to Africa, you're going to go again so get over it". 2018 Africa for Cape Buffalo.

Johnny, thanks for sharing your whole safari with all us members of AH. Not getting Spots, was unfortunate but you experienced the thrill of knowning he was out there.

Great plains game trophies, congrats! Mr. spots next time around !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.