NAMIBIA: My Leopard Hunt Begins

mate .what an adventure ,
sad you never got your leopard, johnny .
you boys definitely put in the hard yards, high five to you and your team .
sounds like gordo , will have to start planning your next adventure, soon enough .........
the animals you got onto are great trophies and you will enjoy this hunt everytime you look at them .
hope your trip home is as relaxing as being cramped in a sardine tin can be...........
looking foreward to reading of your next African adventure
thanks again for taking us all along with you............

As I've said I felt like I had all of you with me. I didn't want to disappoint all of you if you can believe that. Never mind disappointing myself. I'm happy with my plains game trophies I earned them.

You didn't disappoint us, on the contrary you made us proud.....and a bit jealous. There isn't a member on this board that wouldn't have traded places with you. You had a wonderful and successful hunt...now travel home safe and get ready for the next one.

You didn't disappoint us, on the contrary you made us proud.....and a bit jealous. There isn't a member on this board that wouldn't have traded places with you. You had a wonderful and successful hunt...now travel home safe and get ready for the next one.

I sent him this picture while he was there and offered to trade places with him as a matter of fact. His response to me can't be posted in a public forum... :A Banana Sad:

IMG-20150912-WA0020.jpeg

Royal, took me a minute to release that was a parking lot. I thought that was my morning commute.

I was actually having to travel for work last week, and was walking through the airport and there was SAA boarding for Jo-burg. Man I have never wished I was on a plane so bad.

Believe me when I say I would have traded places with you in a minute!

As I've said I felt like I had all of you with me. I didn't want to disappoint all of you if you can believe that. Never mind disappointing myself. I'm happy with my plains game trophies I earned them.
You certainly didn't disappoint us. I think everyone here knows that you went hunting rather than going shooting.

When you hunt wild animals in wild places sometimes all you come home with are memories. In this case you shared those memories with all of us as you were making them and you are still bringing home some nice trophies.

If nothing else you reaffirmed the idea that if one is going to make such a trip the smart move is not to limit yourself to hunting one species of animal.

John I assure you you have no need to feel like you disappointed anyone. I am however going to fire the leopard gods I spoke with. I'm just greatful you kept us all updated on your trip and allowed us to share it with you. As far as I can see it you had an amazing and successful trip.

Johnny, this was a great day to day report, you have definitely not let any of us down....

You are not the first hunter to come home empty handed on a leopard hunt. They are a smart animal, most people don't give them enough credit.

Thank you sir.

John I assure you you have no need to feel like you disappointed anyone. I am however going to fire the leopard gods I spoke with. I'm just greatful you kept us all updated on your trip and allowed us to share it with you. As far as I can see it you had an amazing and successful trip.
Thank you my friend..And yes please fire that leopard god!

You are not the first hunter to come home empty handed on a leopard hunt. They are a smart animal, most people don't give them enough credit.
I'm sure no expert on Leopards but I've done a fair bit of cat hunting and I have yet to come across a species of dumb cats that are easy to hunt in the wild. They are across the board more elusive and wary than anything else I've ever hunted.

A big mature leopard isn't a highly sought and hard to come by trophy just because they are pretty.

I'm sure no expert on Leopards but I've done a fair bit of cat hunting and I have yet to come across a species of dumb cats that are easy to hunt in the wild. They are across the board more elusive and wary than anything else I've ever hunted.

A big mature leopard isn't a highly sought and hard to come by trophy just because they are pretty.
Yes they are difficult. Once they stopped hitting the bait I knew I was in serious trouble. Timing couldn't have been worse for that to happen. I'm hoping to try once again in 2017 but I'll have to wait and see. I had wanted to hunt buffalo and plains game. Let's see what kind of deals are out there.

Great hunt and a great report Johnny! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I'm sure that I was like others on here that woke up at 2:30 am when we knew you were in the blind, wondering if you had success. Please do not feel like you let down your AH brethren, to the contrary, job well done. What great memories!

Great hunt and a great report Johnny! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I'm sure that I was like others on here that woke up at 2:30 am when we knew you were in the blind, wondering if you had success. Please do not feel like you let down your AH brethren, to the contrary, job well done. What great memories!
Thank you sir, I appreciate everyone here for the encouragement and praise that was given. It's certainly a "first safari" to remember.

Its been a grand trip for all of us Johnny!
Guess where your going on your next hunt ?
And I wonder what the target will be ?????
Cheers Dory .

Its been a grand trip for all of us Johnny!
Guess where your going on your next hunt ?
And I wonder what the target will be ?????
Cheers Dory .
Thank you sir. My plans are for 2017 to either return for leopard or I will hunt buffalo and plains game with Pieter from Paw Print b

My vote is Buffalo and plains game with Paw Print. You will have another great hunt to tell about.

Johnny, it´s the whole experience which counts, and your was a great one, congrats !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!