Hunting Zimbabwe 2016??

Fr8liner

AH veteran
Reaction score
I been sitting reading through the hunting reports and some of the hunt build ups. It got me thinking and so I thought to ask:
1) how many of us have hunted in Zimbabwe this year already?
2) how many are booked to hunt in Zimbabwe this year still to come?

I see a lot on South Africa and very few for Zim.

Look forward to the answers on this.

I hunted southern Zim in 2015 and so did a buddy of mine. Dayrate for the PH was quite a bit higher but trophy fees were lower. The amount of game we saw at the Bubye Valley Conservancy was spectactular. Flying in and out of Bulawayo was an easy and pleasant experience. We have a group of 3-4 that are in the planning stage to return to Zim in 2017. For those that have done RSA or Namibia as a first hunt, they should definately put Zim on their list for their next hunt.

probably a lot to do with cost. SA is usually a lot cheaper to hunt than other countries, and most first timers head there as well.

agree with Mike , cheaper as well as more accessible.

Going to Zim in July!

Heading to Zim in June as an observer on 2 leopard with hound hunts then if time allows going to hunt a little myself. Problem is, I was setting self up for a buffalo hunt, however with work slowing a little, might decide to settle for a zebra and kudu instead and try to do a buffalo in a year or two. Just don't want to regret not doing a buffalo if this is the only time I get to go.

Heading to Zim in June as an observer on 2 leopard with hound hunts then if time allows going to hunt a little myself. Problem is, I was setting self up for a buffalo hunt, however with work slowing a little, might decide to settle for a zebra and kudu instead and try to do a buffalo in a year or two. Just don't want to regret not doing a buffalo if this is the only time I get to go.

IMHO if you are there rather hunt the buffalo now , Africa is changing and I am of the opinion "rather now than later" - good luck with your choice.

If you have the cash available hunt the Buff seeing you are already there.

Take the buffalo now!

Very happy to see a few members are coming over :A Big Hello:, despite the challenges. Hoping to hear there are a few more.
Good luck and shoot straight.

What many don't realize is there are a huge number of members that do not post and are heading over hunting.
Sadly, it is a silent majority. I hope we can convert them and start them posting their reports and questions.

If you can, take the buff now while your there!!!!

I too will be heading over again to Zim for the month of July.

I think you hear less about Zim because it's hunting typically that is more expensive than RSA and the trophies are typically a lot smaller. That doesn't appeal to the majority of hunters.

It also is typically a location with no fences, fair chase, more traditional experience, Etc.

Different strokes for different folks. Really looking forward to being in the Zambezi valley personally!

I hunted Zim in April with Martin Pieters. There is a big difference in the hunting experience, that's all I'll say here.

Just read your report Philip, lovely stuff. I can only imagine the experience.
The Omay is on my list to visit, ever since I been watching hunting videos it has one of those names that just sound like you going into the furtherest corner of no where.

Just read your report Philip, lovely stuff. I can only imagine the experience.
The Omay is on my list to visit, ever since I been watching hunting videos it has one of those names that just sound like you going into the furtherest corner of no where.
Very true you are "out there"! I chartered in on a twin engine Navajo and it was just an hour from Harare.
Regards,
Philip

Not 2016, but I have a trip booked for May 2017 in Southeast Zim for leopard and buff. I have done SA twice and am looking forward to a more "wild Africa" experience. I will be in the Naivasha conservancy, which is adjacent to the Ghonarezhou park. I have spoken to several who have hunted there and they say it is just that, and a great area for big toms. Very much looking forward to it.

Best of luck to all you guys going to Zim this year and next! I hope to add Zim to my list in the near future

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gowest

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.