Hunting multiple buffalo

You can book double buffalo, happens all the time.

Last guy in Zimbabwe I shared camp with shot 3 in the Save and another 2 at CMS (Dande)

We both added a second buff at Dande as Buzz had quota. It was at elevated trophy fee because we both were doing 7 day hunts, and the local council gets a split and they want the same money as if it was a longer booking.

I shot a tuskless as my primary( frontal brain at 12 yds) and spent the next 5 days hunting buff, twice as close as 20 yds inside herds. It was awesome even though we didnt take anything as I was going to be a bit selective because of the elevated fee. Could have taken an OK bull on 2nd day.

On first hunt with CMS I did take a buff add on after a tuskless, that report is on here. Again elevated trophy fee but under the same 7 day hunt rate.

But they just happen to have quota at the end of the year ; I wouldn’t count on it as an add on.

If I was going to do dbl buffalo I’d book 10 days to give plenty of time to hunt hard. Dont bargain shop! Book with guys who keep floating to the top, look at some reports here and see how the crappy hunts went.

Charlton McCallum gets high marks from me (and plenty of others) as they really have their shit together for logistics and run a good outfit with top quality PH’s. But there are plenty other good outfits for what you’re looking for. Done a bunch of plains game in South Africa and Namibia, and hope to go again, wonderful time; ain’t nothing like buffalo or tuskless on a huge concession; YMMV.

Tanzania allows multiple buffalo. Depends on which license you get.

I think Martin Peters or Dalton Tink do Double Buff in The Omay at a Good Price!!!

I hunted in Zambia in 2021 and a gentleman I was sharing camp with shot two buffalo but I don't know the particulars on what the rates were as I took just one.

I once also managed to shoot two buffaloes during a 7 days hunt in Tanzania. The second buffalo was even cheaper than the first, but the story is almost 30 years old.

In Tanzania, you get 3 buffalo on a 16 day hunt. I’m doing that in August, with a 21 day license and my son holding a 10 day license but shooting from my quota. I’m going to let him shoot 2 buffalo and I’ll shoot 1, or 2 myself if one is available from quota (a 21 day license allows four buffalo).

I just did a 2 buff, one trophy, one non-trophy in Zimbabwe last year on a 12 day. It was awesome. It can be done. Talk to the guys at Makore Safaris. They have access to both zim and moz. If you want more info you can pm me, glad to help, Gary Duckworth (the eldest brother) is a friend of mine. I’m heading to coutada 9 moz with him this fall, slated to go somewhere next year as well for buff, just not sure where yet.

Can do 2 here in zambia just have to up the amount of days from 7 to 10...if you are interested please let me know
Can do 2 here in zambia just have to up the amount of days from 7 to 10...if you are interested please let me know
Spike T yeah would definitely be interested learning more about this hunt. Logistics, approximate price, hunting area, logistics, getting trophies home, etc. probably would be 2026.

Are there other animals you are interested in?

Yes I did two buff in wild Zim in '21. As mentioned by a few already, I did pay a slightly higher trophy fee than the 1st but it was about the same as the day rate for ONE day. As you mentioned, already there, airfare paid, day fees already paid. Even with the extra fee it was much cheaper than going on a second trip. I did a 10 day hunt.

1687353122482.png

1687353148982.png

Last edited:
I’ve only been on one plains game safari and had a blast. Now looking at a buffalo hunt in a wilderness area for my second hunt. Still a couple years out but already starting to look at options. My question is do any of you try and take 2 buffalo bulls on the same hunt? Reason that I ask is you’re paying a DG daily rate at 1k plus a day and most of the trophy fees seem reasonable. Plus you’re already over there. Do most outfitters have enough tags to allow this and encourage it.
We are putting together a proposal for next 2024. All in in 2x1 for $7,000 each and posible to add trophies. Vic.Falls - Matetsi area

We are putting together a proposal for next 2024. All in in 2x1 for $7,000 each and posible to add trophies. Vic.Falls - Matetsi area
$7,000 including all fees for a Buffalo hunt?

If you do decide to go after a second buffalo, make sure booking an area with good success rates on first buffalo is the primary consideration not an area that will allow you a second buffalo on booking. Tanzania operates on a different model. Zambia is generally a more exclusive destination as well. If you book Zimbabwe or Mozambique, I’d ask questions if outfitter can offer two buffalo on a standard booking for no or minimal added fee to take second buffalo. To me it would indicate a very difficult area to hunt with lower success rates or the outfitter is having some marketing issues. The hunt in this situation could turn out great, but it could be disappointing as well. A quality area first and a quality PH second need to be top considerations in a wild area. Price needs to be placed after that.

I'm guessing 7K for the trophy fee alone
$7000 all in would raise some questions. If it’s all in I’d assume private land near matetsi and a black PH. I’d definitely ask some questions about vehicles, camps, and whether it will really ever get exported. There are some deals out there for those willing to accept a lot of risk.

I almost thought you meant like this ;D

IMG-20230610-WA0043.jpg

$7000 all in would raise some questions. If it’s all in I’d assume private land near matetsi and a black PH. I’d definitely ask some questions about vehicles, camps, and whether it will really ever get exported. There are some deals out there for those willing to accept a lot of risk.
I didn't read the entire post above. 7k each all in does not seem right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88apktop

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg