Energy top-up's

You know when you get drained, flat lining, maybe is is a big project that wont end, or the car is playing up, or it is election season and your side is being stupid. Whatever it is, what brings you relief, a peak, a ray of sunshine?
Here are a few of mine:
Going to see old Land Rovers and test driving them.
Browsing at my favourite gun shop.
Polishing my stock with linseed oil.

What are yours? Even hearing what makes other folks happy makes me happy.
I sincerely enjoy going on AH given it instantly transports me around the world with you people. I also go down to my farm which has my shooting range with my man cave small cottage and shoot one or two of my guns. Instant relief

Honestly? Starting an Xbox party with my friends and going off to play something for a few hours picks me up when I'm feeling down. If it's a PVP game, I can channel any bad feeling into helping our team win. If it's a PVE game, watching enemies fall to my sword en masse is cathartic in its own way. Or if it's a game where we can just roam around a big open world as cowboys or whatever and just explore, find treasure, hunt animals, and on occasion kill bad guys, it works fine too. And it helps just to talk to my friends.

Of course it's not the only thing that helps me let off old steam and build up new steam. Going to the gym helps, hiking in the woods helps (not so much with giving me energy, but it's nice to get out in nature). Spending time with my family like we did on Sunday is something we used to do a lot more of. Was nice to do that again.

I'd like to get a bow and kinda go a bit Zen with archery. Not so much hitting the bullseye or even the target, just sending arrows downrange and zoning out enough. An actual longbow, mind, made of wood. My cousin was shooting his compound bow on Sunday, but his focus was to hit the bullseye every time. Which when you have a red-dot sight on your bow must take all the zen out of it...

20210808_121951.jpg
20220421_183610.jpg
20220613_174337.jpg

Spin wheels, find deal, cook meals.

When the stupidity of humanity gets too much to handle, I like to go for a spirited drive. Not anywhere in particular, just out in the sticks far away from people and the fuzz. Give me a tank of gas, a powerful enough car to scare yourself a bit, a windy road, some decent tunes, not too much traffic. It's good for the soul.

A sports bike also works if the weather is nice.

How long does it take to charge your EV motorcycle? I guess you literally get an "energy top- up" when charging it? LOL
It's actually a 2005 F650 GS Dakar. It gets 75mpg@50mph on gasoline. May not have the energy of a crotch rocket, but it has endurance. I need a top up before it does most rides.

It's actually a 2005 F650 GS Dakar. It gets 75mpg@50mph on gasoline. May not have the energy of a crotch rocket, but it has endurance. I need a top up before it does most rides.
Odd location for a gas tank? All mine are up front? LOL

Running. It lets me zone out and let go of the worries of the day. I usually run about 8 miles. Since I run regularly, it is easy. When I started, one mile was a long way.

Beekeeping, it is like playing with fire. I have to slow down and move at their speed otherwise they let me know! I love to hunt, which is a macro level focus. Beekeeping allows a micro level focus in the same area. And it smells really good!

My wife has a blessed calming presence, and like the bees, she helps me to be a better man.

Running. It lets me zone out and let go of the worries of the day. I usually run about 8 miles. Since I run regularly, it is easy. When I started, one mile was a long way.

Beekeeping, it is like playing with fire. I have to slow down and move at their speed otherwise they let me know! I love to hunt, which is a macro level focus. Beekeeping allows a micro level focus in the same area. And it smells really good!

My wife has a blessed calming presence, and like the bees, she helps me to be a better man.

I know what you mean, my bees light me up if I move too fast!

You mean you guys don't use bee gear?
I’m with @WAB , depends on the mood of the bees and my ability to stay calm. The weather makes a big difference too. I really enjoy beekeeping in a T-Shirt and ball cap, but that is primarily when the bees are calm. It requires a lot of focus and calm to work a hive like that. The same focus is employed when doing a final stalk on game.
I’ve found that just about everyone who loves hunting also enjoys coming beekeeping with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davelotman21

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.