Reaction score
Website
khomas-highland-hunting.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Asia/M.East
The fourth phase of the anti-poaching operation in Namibia's flagship park to came to an end and many successes have been achieved.

Francoise Steyn Berg - three were stuck after being caught with two horns of a rhino in the etosha national park that was dehorned in 2014.
download.jpg

My.Na jcb
The confirmation came from major-general. James tjivikua, deputy inspector general of operations of the namibian police, yesterday in the etosha national park.

"Two horns in the possession of a namibian citizen and two zambians found by the zambian authorities during their arrest. Through the microchips that are found in the horns, it was found that it comes from a rhinoceros in 2014 etosha that was dehorned and is equipped with a microchip, "Said Tjivikua.

Other successes which he achieved during the ongoing anti-poaching operation, Yesa Ongava, the fourth phase from march to june, eight people were arrested in connection with several charges related to rhino poaching and similar crimes. Further 12 firearms confiscated in areas adjacent to the park and sent for ballistic tests.

"Three rhino carcasses with their horns were discovered and found through further investigation, the bullets in the carcasses," said tjivikua said.

According seized him six horns of eight suspicious people in windhoek and the "Preliminary investigation suggests that these horns from rhinos were poached in etosha".

Tjivikua the commander of the fifth phase of the anti-poaching operation commissioner. Armas shivute of otjozondjupastreek welcomed and the commander of the fourth phase commissioner. Anna marie nainda of oshikotostreek, thank her successes.

Furthermore, he called on the public to come up with some information about rhino poaching.

"This illegal activity has a negative impact on our socio-economic development and threatening the existence of this unique species is the center of our tourist attractions," said tjivikua said.
SOURCE: http://www.republikein.com.na/nuus/onthoornde-renosterhorings-gesteel/

Glad they got the sorry bastards!

I wish they could some how chip a rhino horn at birth. Track it if/when, dehorned..... Then death to everyone involved, from the poacher to the broker to buyer. End the nonsense once & for all!

They should start a bait car type deal with these horns and gps trackers. Whomever steals them gets busted.

Yeah... but you want it to get to the end user/buyer. Cut off the head of the snake. End the demand/economy of.

Glad they were caught, thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James B Radebaugh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.