CZ 550 .416 Rigby RAFFLE

Wayne...........it's mid-May.......gotta a rifle yet?

I was assured by the import company that it would arrive in the first ten days of May at their shop. It had not arrived on the 10th.

At this point I am just going to wait and see.

This is excellent training for trophy importation procedures from Africa. :)

Hope the rifle shoots like a dream man! I see elephant in your future with that 416 Rigby round. Remember the DGS on my elephant could almost be reused.

You realize you will catch Crap for winning that 416 and the Weiner for the rest of your life

I just got an email:
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 18.15.22.png

:A Banana:

You realize you will catch Crap for winning that 416 and the Weiner for the rest of your life

I'm good with that. Weiner gun!

Can you believe this! :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 11.37.34.png

It was located in a warehouse a three hour drive from here.
These guys are bucking to displace the SA postal service for delivery service!
latest.jpg

I believe it, I recently had a parcel couried to me from a town 2 hours drive away. Couriered late Thursday arrived the next Wednesday.

More training in patience. :A Whistle:

Got a question for you @Albert GRANT Did the bolt sound like a grinding squeaky rusted hinge when you closed it?

The bolt felt weirdly stiff when rolling to close it. It is also making a grinding sound.

Perhaps it needed to be cleaned. OK.

Strip the bolt apart. The spring is covered in light rust.

I get it off with a soft brush.

I decide to run a patch and the barrel brush into the bolt and I get rust and dirty patches for I lost count how long.

Finally soak it in Varsol for a couple of hours. Manually rotate the bolt in my hand to see if it will loosen up. Eventually it does somewhat.

This was the, I forgot how many times, patch down the barrel. That brown colour is rust of some sort.

IMG_5485.jpg

Repeated, Varsol, WipeOut and copper brush until it is finally coming out without a bunch of colour on it.

Put the bolt back together.
Put the rifle back together.
Insert bolt...

Not binding as badly nor grinding quite so loud. But,

IMG_5483.jpg
IMG_5484.jpg

Then I compared it to my 375 bolt. 375 Bolt on the left.
IMG_5478.jpg

I start wondering if the bolt has gone through some form or abuse.
The extractor looks like a Banana in comparison.
Anyone have any ideas?

No clue. I'm nota gun smith.
I'm open to opinions

Are you concerned with the integrity of the action? I think those actions are built for abuse, so I am very optimistic:)

It is extracting an empty casing fine and a live shell fits into the chamber fine and falls out nicely.

Superficial rust from
Moisture exposure and not enough oil in all the right places just let me know it was Stored and not oiled beforehand

My Concern is the bow or bend in the extractor and how the bolt is rolling over to close with more effort and much more noise than I think there should be.

This rifle may be taking a trip to Ontario to the warranty Center for a replacement extractor and smoothing out the bolt throw.

I'm no gun smith.

The bow could possibly be from closing the bolt on a partially chambered round, rather than picking up the round out of the magazine, causing the extractor to have to ride over the rim.

Thanks for the thought. I have not encountered that myself.

I happen to be in town this week Wayne, and would gladly dispose of that rifle for you!

LOL. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to salvage it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tractorred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?