ljhuntingsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Hi all.

I think the title explains it all. We would like to offer a package where the boys vs the girls, a bit of friendly competition with some prizes to be won. So the female hunter will hunt with Lauren and I will hunt with the male hunter.

What would everyone's suggestions be on how to judge winners, I would personally like to stay away from measurements. Obviously mature representatives will count.

The package will be pick one animal from 4 choices so measurements won't really work. So we were thinking judging the hunting experience told by the hunters at night would be an option?

We will hunt two areas the karoo and the coast, so two prizes for winners one at the karoo and one at the coast.

Let me know what your thoughts are before I post a package. Good idea, bad idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was thinking a trophy Springbuck as the prize in the karoo and a warthog at the coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fun, it good to shake things up a bit. Could you do points from several categories, each category represents a hunting ideal. Maybe, something like: the longest continuous stalk, The oldest animal, closest shot, a shot in the vital triangle. The winner would have made the most of these achievements. Just some ideas. Good luck.

Agree with @Pheroze , use 3 or so categories for a total score. I like the oldest specimen and closest shot to vitals ideas. Maybe also who get the closet to the animal before the shot?

Last edited:
Thanks Pheroze, I didn't think of that. Its a really good idea to make it more fun. Thank you

I would add # of shots taken and the distance the animal traveled after being shot to the list of categories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rowan458

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.