Bird Hunting Pictures

IMG_8111.JPG
IMG_8100.JPG

Good story. I had an old Purdey 2.5-inch 16 gauge that was a real killer. I sold it along with many of my guns when I learned of advanced cancer and did not want my wife getting stuck with trying to sell them. I made a miraculous recovery and am even able to resume hunting the mountains now. But I miss that old 16. Before I sold it, a friend invited me to a clay shoot at his club, and I clearly misunderstood what was going on. It was a trap shoot, and there I was with that SXS 16 attracting all the funny looks. At best I am a so-so shot with a shotgun having carried many rifle handling habits to the shotgun sports. And there everybody was with their target guns, towels, and shooting accessories but the Purdy 16 broke 24 of 25. I spent 6 years working in London and became quite an Anglophile where doubles are concerned. You'll not be disappointed if you can find the right British double 16.
Well done . I thing like being the odd man out and then delivering in spades .

Well done . Nothing like being the odd man out and then delivering in spades .

9caea53d-575a-4b9d-954b-ec149bec092c.jpg

Maybe my last trip too. Sigh!

One of the best ways to keep out “The Old Man” is to get a couple of English Cocker Spaniels

1700312477444.jpeg

They do wonders for me.

Since the early 1980’s I have spent the fall hunting running backs and quarterbacks in Texas. A few years as a player and then most of it as a coach. When Tuesday practice was going slow and it was 100* on the practice field I always wondered what it would be like in a cooler environment like Montana. This year I got to find out and do it with a group of dogs I got to train. Already plotting to go back next year.

First pheasant for Sassy and Roley

1700312911944.jpeg

First sharptail grouse for me and Java. Java is my Forrest Gump dog. She is terrible to work with but once she is in the field everything good happens.

1700313036094.jpeg

Slow day 2, we managed 1 blue winged teal, 2 western Canada’s and 3 cranes. This was my first western (moffiti latin designation) this leaves me only the cackler (minima) and the Aleutian (leucoptera) of the Canada/calling goose clan to collect. One more day to go hopefully it will be a good one.

Attachments

• 20CF0C35-7E89-416B-8229-674A20E67AE8.jpeg
    20CF0C35-7E89-416B-8229-674A20E67AE8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
I used to go to SD for years. With a large group of SD residents. The first trip I realized that they drive the birds into blockers.

Not the best tactic for a using a young pointer :>)))

So instead of ruining him I had to break off into a smaller group to work birds.

With that many birds and tactics. A flusher and or retriever worked better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyHandley

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.