Best looking round

@steve white
The pissant 243 is pushing shit up hill to get tat with an 87gn let alone a 100gn. With a 100gn your lucky to get 2,700. A totally useless round pretending to be something it ain't.
Bob
@steve white
The pissant 243 is pushing shit up hill to get tat with an 87gn let alone a 100gn. With a 100gn your lucky to get 2,700. A totally useless round pretending to be something it ain't.
Bob
I really like my 243!. May be we should start a fund to get Bob some physiological help:unsure:

Last edited:
I really like the 416 Rigby. The gentle taper on the body, the aggressive shoulder angle, and just the sheer hugeness of the cartridge. It plain looks like it means business.

20110762-2.png

Last edited:
Not a rifle but 7.62 x25 tokarev is a pet pistol round of mine why 9mm got the world nod I have no idea.steel core really beats a car up.car door engine ,block no problem.if the effort was put towards it instead of that lame parabellem what kind of round of would we have.thats some corrosive steel core Chinese subgun ammo that stuff is hot hot hot.
JPEG_20220218_103040_563281267580074522.jpg

I have an old 340 Savage 22 hornet ugly rifle, but shoots 35 grain Hornady v maxs sub moa with Win 296 powder .
Wasn't it savage that had seriously accurate barrels back before WW2.i thought I read were pope was involved with them.

9,3x70 Expert

The .22 Remington Jet is one that always gets attention at the range, both with it's muzzle blast as well as it's somewhat "I may be little, but I mean business" appearance when I show someone one of the cartridges.

Best regards,
pH3d25t.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a rifle but 7.62 x25 tokarev is a pet pistol round of mine why 9mm got the world nod I have no idea.steel core really beats a car up.car door engine ,block no problem.if the effort was put towards it instead of that lame parabellem what kind of round of would we have.thats some corrosive steel core Chinese subgun ammo that stuff is hot hot hot.View attachment 453404
When i was in Vietnam we had a couple of captured 7.62 x25 Tokarev pistols , shot them a lot when we could find ammo, i through they were wonderful, a better cartridge than our 9 MM , A Browning HP in 7.62x25 was a dream of mine.

Great thread, is it just me (maybe it is) but for 30 years I have loved the shape/design of the late great 300 H&H like a beautiful waist line this round has it all for me.
Pity that it has fallen by the way side, I’d love to own one just to look at the rounds.

Funny how it works a round capable with 150gr loads of up to 3200fps or at least 3000fps on 180’s it just seems to be a blast from the past… Any experts on here know why?

I still love it though… great looking design.

my best always
Jaco.
05E6E8AC-A14D-4F8B-96A0-5220A16122B4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like my 243!. May be we should start a fund to get Bob some physiological help:unsure:
@rdog
Someone has to love it mate it just isn't me. All those that do like it is fine if it works for them. I got sick of cleaning up after it. It's just not my cup of tea

Great thread, is it just me (maybe it is) but for 30 years I have loved the shape/design of the late great 300 H&H like a beautiful waist line this round has it all for me.
Pity that it has fallen by the way side, I’d love to own one just to look at the rounds.

Funny how it works a round capable with 150gr loads of up to 3200fps or at least 3000fps on 180’s it just seems to be a blast from the past… Any experts on here know why?

my best always
Jaco.
View attachment 453515
It was my first magnum in a 721 Remington I may have been 25 they looked like mini cannon shells.the rifle was a clanker got rid of that. have a pre 64 winn now.still have some of my 150gr. reloads afraid to shoot them now who knows what I was thinking then

my best always
Jaco.
View attachment 453515

I will have one of those one of these days! I agree, total cool factor!

Go big or go home

A-10 Warthog GAU-8 Advenger cannon 30mm gatling gun round

1645307718498.png

You can even order a dummy round on Amazon! No man cave is complete without one of these!

1645308079027.png

Or, have it rebarreled and chambered to .35BNE (Banzai Nelson Express)? 7.7 Jap case necked up to .35. You'd be the first on your block (or anywhere) to have one.

That’s for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngeliaKuy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Handmade plaques for all kinds of African trophies. If you are interested, feel free to contact me in a message.
IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.