Any other Cheese lovers here?

Stopping in Woodman's every fall in Madison after the annual bird hunting trip, the Stone Ridge cheap brand (3 year cheddar) was something to look forward to. Always load up on several kinds of cheese for the holidays and Klement brats. I enjoy visiting Wisconsin.

Early on in my career (chef/restaurateur) I lived and worked in Paris for a little over two years and I fell in love with really funky cheese. I kept two journals while there. One was just my daily experiences and interactions. The other was one that I documented all of the cheeses and pastries that I ate and where I ate them.
20+ years later I still refer back to it from time to time and remember it like it was yesterday.

Really enjoy the semi-soft cheeses for baking (brie, camembert) but for snacking I enjoy a good smoked Gouda and Jarlsberg. Most hunting outings I have a shelf-stable cheese and summer sausage in my pack. The strong and crumbly bleu and stiltons are only good for recipes in my book. We have a local creamery that only milks Jerseys that will sometimes save me some fresh curds. Awesome!!

Here's a good one I just picked up. Cheese & Crackers.
IMG_20240427_081639326.jpg

One of my many culinary delights is cheese. My favorite is Sartori's Merlot flavored cheese. Was curious what everyone's favorite cheeses were?View attachment 601204
I am always looking to try more. On the Qatar flights we get to try a large selection of cheeses. I really like an aged cheddar the best. I have not been able to get an appreciation for the soft cheeses. I just don't like them. For cooking a 2 year old parm is a must. A home made Alfredo sauce with this cheese will be better than all but the most expensive restaurants. Not cheap but worth it.
I am interested to see what others tastes are in this regard.

I am always looking to try more. On the Qatar flights we get to try a large selection of cheeses. I really like an aged cheddar the best. I have not been able to get an appreciation for the soft cheeses. I just don't like them. For cooking a 2 year old parm is a must. A home made Alfredo sauce with this cheese will be better than all but the most expensive restaurants. Not cheap but worth it.
Paski Pag cheese( Croatia ) and pasta is pretty dang delicious also

I like a good home made Bolognaise. Cheese is half the experience so a good Parmesan and a Nice cheddar or Mozzarella completes my spaghetti,

I enjoyed some nice Emmental and an aged Gruyère yesterday evening. In moderation I hasten to add. I like “nutty” cheese.

I like a good home made Bolognaise. Cheese is half the experience so a good Parmesan and a Nice cheddar or Mozzarella completes my spaghetti,
Yes and when you use really good cheese it is better than all but the very top restaurants! The things I never knew years ago! We live and we learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasLe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.