An AH Booze Cruise

For @sgt_zim and @Just Gina Ethiopian coffee flavoured amarula...

View attachment 563463

We just found that at our local Specs (chain liquor store) a few months ago...

Nice.. but I think I still prefer the original..

We've tried a couple of different flavored Amarulas.. but always seem to gravitate back to the original now that I think about it.. :)

Rum, Flor de Caña, best I have tried.

Brandy, Cardenal Mendoza.

Whisky, Macallan, but there many very good ones.

Used to be into vintage ports big time and drank quite a bit of it...along with white port, nice chilled...LBV as used to buy at duty free to bring here when i was not here all the time.( and it didnt matter too much if it was shaken around travelling)..tawny is ok but not really to my liking....have a few cases of 1977 taylors stashed, and couple of cases of 97 but released in 99 i got for finn to keep, as he was born in 99....never come across a port from outside Portugal that was drinkable....oldest one was a 1927 taylors...was a many years ago....friend who was top pro golfer was given it at at a tournament....he opened it after Sunday lunch at his house....was nice but on the turn....bought myself a bottle of taylors 1945 another classic year for my 30th bday present to myself...went down very well....apart from those had plenty of various years and from different houses...

Plus a few other years including into the 80s...
Taylors
Warres
Fonseca
Cockburns
Quinta do noval
Grahams
Plus other houses

We just found that at our local Specs (chain liquor store) a few months ago...

Nice.. but I think I still prefer the original..

We've tried a couple of different flavored Amarulas.. but always seem to gravitate back to the original now that I think about it.. :)

Yeah I prefer the original, but Louise likes coffee but can't have caffeine so she likes it ..

Kinda like champagne as well....probably part of the reason me and a few of my mates can't remember much about the 1980s... :X3: :E Rofl:
Used to drink a lot of laurent perrier rose (also favourite of my mothers)...and dom perignon and Louis roederer cristal.....this was in my previous life...;)....Still like the LP rose, dom pom and cristal....but due to the prices and not being in my previous life don't have them that much at all these days...my all time favourite which was also my mothers is vintage krug ....mmm...those were the days...champagne...parties..nightclubs..exotic cars and odd wild girl thrown in.....:A Band::A Rock::D Cheers:.....just thinking ...it was probably more than the odd wild girl.... :A Thumbs Up:

Last edited:
I’m with you on Irish… as far as whiskeys go, Irish is a consistent favorite… Tullamore Dew is my absolute favorite “common” label and what I partake of more than any other spirit..
Your post motivated me to enjoy a couple of sizable Tullamore Dews this evening. Friday. Good whiskey. Thank you!

Used to be into vintage ports big time and drank quite a bit of it...along with white port, nice chilled...LBV as used to buy at duty free to bring here when i was not here all the time.( and it didnt matter too much if it was shaken around travelling)..tawny is ok but not really to my liking....have a few cases of 1977 taylors stashed, and couple of cases of 97 but released in 99 i got for finn to keep, as he was born in 99....never come across a port from outside Portugal that was drinkable....oldest one was a 1927 taylors...was a many years ago....friend who was top pro golfer was given it at at a tournament....he opened it after Sunday lunch at his house....was nice but on the turn....bought myself a bottle of taylors 1945 another classic year for my 30th bday present to myself...went down very well....apart from those had plenty of various years and from different houses...

Plus a few other years including into the 80s...
Taylors
Warres
Fonseca
Cockburns
Quinta do noval
Grahams
Plus other houses

Ports are in class by themselves, and yes, they have to be Portuguese.

Funny that most people think Port is a wine !

@BourbonTrail, I'm interested in your nocino. I make a little most years with the walnuts from my yard, but no one will drink it but me!

@BourbonTrail, I'm interested in your nocino. I make a little most years with the walnuts from my yard, but no one will drink it but me!
Yep, this year we got the walnuts too late, but it’s currently processing. IIRC, we put walnuts, sugar, cloves, lemon peel, cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans, and top it off with vodka. We also tried making Vin de noix this year as well. Photo from day 1:

06F07112-01AD-4DD8-A9B4-8704BF94E204.jpeg

Yep, this year we got the walnuts too late, but it’s currently processing. IIRC, we put walnuts, sugar, cloves, lemon peel, cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans, and top it off with vodka. We also tried making Vin de noix this year as well. Photo from day 1:

View attachment 563652
Excellent, sounds similar to what I've done, but I've gone more the Vin de noix route, red wine and brandy. Every year I've lessened the sugar and other ingredients besides walnuts to get more walnut centric flavor and I like it more and more. But again, I can't drink it all alone!

Haven’t seen my favorite up here yet I am glad to know it’s still safe. :E Big Grin:

Opthimus Rum 25 years. I enjoy when not drinking whiskey. Also good alternatives are anejo or extra anejo tequilas and premium wodka.

Most of the time paired with a good cigar.

In my younger years Tequila was among my favorites (fine sipping tequilas.. not rot gut for mixed drinks/fraternity party tequilas).. but the older I get the less interest I've had in them..

A good friend brought me back a bottle I had never heard of/seen before a couple of years ago.. a little pricey as tequilas go.. but not unreasonable.. and certainly more affordable than most nice scotch/irish/bourbon/etc..

I have to say.. its made me think I need to try a few more fine tequilas and maybe go back down that path again at some point..

KAH Reposado...

In my younger days Prospero Anejo and Herradura Reposado were my more regular go-to's...

Great thread!

Gins: Mombasa Club, Cruxland, Beefeater, Waterloo #9

Whisky: Edradour, Glenfiddich 15, Rigby 18

Whiskey: Jameson

Red wines: Most from Argentina and Spain, and The Caracal Red from South Africa

Champagne (Piper is our steady ration) and lots of Cava.

Port: any good one but we enjoy 1995 and 1963 vintage on special occasions.

Brandy: Gran Duque d'Alba and Casa Grajales

And my all-time favorite: Whatever you are buying and sharing with me! :LOL:

Safe drinking!

@mdwest - Tequilia I've been enjoying recently is Milagro Select Anejo. Very smooth and at a very reasonable price. Aged a year in American oak and finished for 1.5 - 2 years in French oak. Worth a try.
1697482354250.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BessieSelw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?