2015 Build on a Classic Calibre 318WR

Odinsraven

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
Hunted
UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
Hi Guys need your help !

I had a couple of beers too many last night and dropped the hammer on the purchase of a 116 Savage Weather Warrior in 3006 !

The Plan - A modern 318 WR ......... Sure Savage rifles you can change barrels easily .........

However a quick browse of the internet I have not been able to find anyone who makes savage barrels in 318 WR ..

Anyone have any ideas !

This project started with the crazy idea of adding a third 318 WR to the collection , I have a german double , a WR Bolt rifle - A modern plastic and shiny stainless 318WR !

Lothar Walther.
All my rifles get L/W barrels. You can't go wrong.
http://www.lothar-walther.com/359.php
You will need to buy a special order blank from Germany and have your gunsmith turn it to fit the savage.
Easiest (cheapest) way is to buy a special order pre-chambered L/W barrel and fit it to a M-98. There are lots of old Parker Hale or old custom project M-98's out there that just need a new barrel and a clean up. Hey presto ! classis .318WR.

You Might try Apache Arms Great barrels in either grey or Stainless and his prices and turn around time are excellent,He's done a 7mm-08 and a 338-06 for my Savages

It might be cheaper to order and buy a reamer and rifling button and get a barrel maker to put together exactly what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.