Zambia - New Hunting Destination! Buffalo Hunting Package special!

Hi Gizmo,
Kanzutu is most certainly wild and we intend to keep it that way! There is a possibility that Leopard will open up this year.
Do please keep me informed. I am hoping to be able to hunt leopard in either 2017 or 2018. I have a lion buff combo this summer, Romanian roe deer the next, and depending on how long it takes me to recover from these two, leopard will most definitely be on the menu. This opportunity makes the short list quickly, cost depending, as I would love a wild Africa hunt. Please feel free to pm me and I will gladly give you my email address. Thank you, Erik

IMG_0093_zps607ef98f.jpg

A well used natural spring... loads of buffalo and elephant sign...

Attachments

• IMG_0093_zps607ef98f.jpg
    IMG_0093_zps607ef98f.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0092_zpsd0cd7bf2.jpg

IMG_0096_zps964fc149.jpg

IMG_0094_zps1b38fe94.jpg

As far as the eye can see.. hunt and explore to your hearts content!

Attachments

• IMG_0094_zps1b38fe94.jpg
    IMG_0094_zps1b38fe94.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0092_zpsd0cd7bf2.jpg
    IMG_0092_zpsd0cd7bf2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0096_zps964fc149.jpg
    IMG_0096_zps964fc149.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
DSC_4258_zpsf0374988.jpg
DSC_4254_zps90230a85.jpg
A few visitors at a drying spring... Most game had moved to the nearby perennial stream. Enjoy!
IMAG0004_zps0811ca6f.jpg

IMG_1612_zps95202816.jpg

IMG_0884_zps725f420b.jpg

IMAG0073_zps0f366485.jpg

IMG_1827_zps60a4ffa4.jpg
IMAG0012_zpsb0f433bf.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1827_zps60a4ffa4.jpg
    IMG_1827_zps60a4ffa4.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_4254_zps90230a85.jpg
    DSC_4254_zps90230a85.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0884_zps725f420b.jpg
    IMG_0884_zps725f420b.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMAG0012_zpsb0f433bf.jpg
    IMAG0012_zpsb0f433bf.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG0073_zps0f366485.jpg
    IMAG0073_zps0f366485.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1612_zps95202816.jpg
    IMG_1612_zps95202816.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_4258_zpsf0374988.jpg
    DSC_4258_zpsf0374988.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMAG0004_zps0811ca6f.jpg
    IMAG0004_zps0811ca6f.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Lol, fellas the itch to go for broke and book this hunt is killing me. I need to put the computer away before I end up in a divorce for booking this one too. Of course becoming a permanent Zambian resident may not be so bad. On the brite side Leon would probably convence my wife to take me back after a while so he could get rid of me.

Then scratch it!!!LOL
Oh Lord, your not helping. Your supposed to say, " Oh no worries Zambia's not going anywhere". Besides, I don't think you want me to be the creepy client that never leaves because his wife gave him the boot for booking the hunt. o_O

HAHA!!! You'll have to work for your upkeep here, no slackers out in the bush and God knows there's alot of work!! Now Calm down and book a hunt!

Leopard... It's a very complicated situation.

For example on a title deed 99 years private leasehold property for example like Mbizi that hold 40.000 acre fenced game area, all game is the leaseholders property ! If the owner/holder decide to make sausage tomorrow of all the game, he can do that- including the cats... but not elephants.

The problem comes as long the ban of the cats is in power, the Wildlife authorities /ZAWA will not be able to provide export documents.

Most people think that Zambia was totally closed for hunters the last nearly two years, but the decision to ban hunting was for the government hunting concessions, hunting on private leasehold property was never closed.

Furthermore Leon, probably it's better to say how many hours the drive will take... I know one hunting concession 75 km from Livingston...take 6 hours to drive !!!

Gordon,
The distance is 530km give or take a few. 430km odd to Lusaka - Petauke. Petauke to the bottom end of the reserve is 105km on a Secondary road gravel road, actually a short-cut used to South Luangwa National Park instead of going all the way to Chipata then to Mfuwe. The Lusaka stretch takes 4:30 and the Petauke - Camp stretch 1:30-2:00.
As for export, how come other animals can be exported that are hunted on a fenced / leasehold land?? Kanzutu is in an "Open Area" and under ZAWA's control. Hunting Licenses are issued by ZAWA. Not sure the point you are trying make as far as this thread is concerned. Leopard and cat hunting not even open yet. Surely issues arising will resolved down the road?

Johnny,
The trip is a comfortable 7 hour trip. I will also get you a price on the commercial flight from Lusaka to Mfuwe that can cut down on the travel time. The drive from Mfuwe would be approximately 3:30.

Leon, I say that it's NOT possible to export cats today, but hunting is different from a open short rent hunting concession 10-15 years contract to a fenced titled deed property 99 years with owning rights of the game !

Anyhow, this was out of the main subject...

A 6-7 hours drive in total is not bad, and should be interesting for most hunters.

Gordon,

Sorry to hear that. A really pain in the neck and pocket when one is trying to make these type of projects work!!!! Something has got to change, hopefully the new act will have something along these lines. Are seem to be involved here in Zambia. Where do you operate?
The trip ins't bad at all also the Mfuwe commercial flight isn't too bad at 450 USD return.
Regards
Leon

Hi Johnny,

A commercial flight from Mfuwe International will cost around 450USD return and save you 8 hours total. One way trip is 280USD. Hope this helps.
Regards
Leon

The drive for the most is on excellent tar very scenic and dissects the Luangwa escarpment. This is a great introductory offer with a renowned PH. Some huge buffalo bulls have come out of the immediate area but for my money I would want 10 days in the bush.

Hi Johnny,

A commercial flight from Mfuwe International will cost around 450USD return and save you 8 hours total. One way trip is 280USD. Hope this helps.
Regards
Leon

Is that not a better option and the drive to Kanzutu would be via the Park?

Leon, I'm most concentrated to north east from North Luangwa NP, anyhow as you say it's sad that decisions in Zambia sometimes take years... the cats is a "wholly cow" for the greenes, and I think that nobody from ZAWA like to take the decision to end the ban.. but something is going to happen, was speak with some guys with influence that was absolutely sure that quotations will be given in the nearest weeks.

Can also depend of what CITES decide in 2016, if they move up the lion on the list it's possible that the ban will be permanent in Zambia !

Last edited:
Hi Johnny,

You go with a road transfer which isn't too long nor rough besides you get to see some of the country. Its 530km, 430km on Tar. There is also an option of commercial from Lusaka to Mfuwe International and then approximate 3 hour drive into camp.
If you're keen on really good hunting wild country then you shouldn't pass this up. Once we have a few hunts under the belt and a few reports out you may wish you took that road trip(y)
It's definitely an option. I'll be in Namibia this year for leopard and possibly some plains game if time permits. If I decide to hunt buffalo it would be in 2017 then again I may decide to hunt lion. Waiting to see if it will still be importable then. If not I have always wanted a " wild buffalo " hunt. I will be keeping an eye on reports here. Pm me and I will give you my personal email so you can keep me abreast.

Lol, fellas the itch to go for broke and book this hunt is killing me. I need to put the computer away before I end up in a divorce for booking this one too. Of course becoming a permanent Zambian resident may not be so bad. On the brite side Leon would probably convence my wife to take me back after a while so he could get rid of me.
You and me both!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoniaMedla

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.