Zambia - New Hunting Destination! Buffalo Hunting Package special!

Kanzutu

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Member of
Tanzania Professional Hunters Association (TPHA) & Botswana Wildlife Management Association (BWMA)
Outfitter : Kanzutu Reserve Limited

Professional Hunter: Leon Kachelhoffer

Email: kanzutu@gmail.com

Mobile: +260 978 259103

Postal Address: P.O. Box 36773, Lusaka, Zambia, Africa

HUNTING AREA

The Kanzutu Reserve located is located in the legendary Luangwa Valley of Eastern Zambia. Ideally situated in the Sandwe Open Area between the Sandwe and Lower Lupande concessions, Lower Lupande is one of the most renowned concessions in Zambia. The Reserve shares a western boundary with the South Luangwa National Park, its spans 81 550 Acres of pristine Luangwa habitat. The terrain varies from large mountain ranges to the valley floor incorporating open savanna, thickets, miombo and mophane woodlands with large stands of wild bamboo.

Resident species: Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, Roan, Kudu, Zebra, Warthog, Bushpig, Impala, Bushbuck, Common Duiker, Klipspringer. All can be hunted with the exception of the cats, Elephant and Klipspringer. There is a possibility to secure a single Elephant permit and Klipspringer. Cats remain closed until Government lifts the ban.

This Reserve is a Community based initiative where the local Community are partners in the joint venture. They receive direct benefits and revenue from all tourist based revenue-generating activities and as importantly the Community is also actively involved in the management/conservation of the Reserve. The concept is to create a sense of ownership, belonging and involvement of the rural community. This is to provide the necessary incentive to the Community to play their part in conservation. So far this has had the desired effect in that rural people have are starting to take note of the development, support and appreciate the initiative.

The Company has been working on the project for over two and half years and has been carrying out extensive anti-poaching on the Reserve ever since. The wildlife numbers have reached a stage now that we are fully confident will produce good hunting results that will continue to improve year by year through the implementation of a responsible management strategy.

The area is really wild and offers a truly adventurous hunt. The road network on the Reserve is only being expanded now. Large pieces of country will be preserved, as there are several valleys and areas that will remain inaccessible by vehicle. This will undoubtedly appeal to the adventurous spirit!

The focus of Kanzutu Reserve is to conserve the land and protect the wildlife living on the land, in sustainable manner hand in hand with the Sandwe Community for their benefit and that of generations to come.

As a destination to deliver a natural and authentic hunting experience in a true wilderness setting while offering the hunters peace of mind and the opportunity to be selective in the their quest.

THE CAMP

The camp is built in East African style with classic safari tents. Each tent will be furnished with en suite bathroom.

A well appointed “mess tent” will serve as dinning and living area.

INTRODUCTORY OFFER

1 Hunter + 1 observer X 1 Professional Hunter X 7 days - US$ 12650.00 (this includes one buffalo License & Trophy fees)

2 Hunters X 1 Professional Hunter – US$ 11950.00 each

(this includes one buffalo License & Trophy fees)

The hunt can be further personalised to the hunter’s request. Add on hunts can be arranged for Sable, Lechwe and other plains game upon request.

Daily Rate Includes

· 1x Buffalo trophy/license fees

· 2x travel days, one day on each end of the hunt

· The services of Professional Hunter, hunting vehicle and camp staff

· All accommodation while Safari

· Meals & alcoholic beverages.

· Field trophy preparation and handling

· Hunting License and government fees

· Bird Hunting License

· Community fees

· Conservation fees

Daily Rate Excludes

· Trophy fees (please see attached list)

· Air Charter from Lusaka approximately $3,500 return.

· Road transfer $900 return

· Zambian Tourist Visa’s upon arrival $ 100 per person.

· Dip and Pack $1500/hunter (+-)

· Rental of Firearm and ammunition

· Duty on ammo $2 per round payable at arrival.

· Staff gratuities

· Trophy Freight to Country of destination

· Hotel Accommodation to prior and after the hunt

KANZUTU RESERVE TROPHY FEES

SPECIES FEES (USD)

Buffalo 3900

Bushbuck 750

Bushpig 550

Common Duiker 450

Hyena 650

Impala 300

Klipspringer 900

Kudu 2100

Roan 6000

Warthog 550

Please feel to contact me with any questions.

Leon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike,

Its 7 days I'll try bold it..

Thanks

Leon

Hi Leon, sounds like a good offer, was you able to "bulldoze" some roads there ? I know the the nearby Nyalugwe GMA border Pia Manzi, no roads... It's make things extremely difficult to keep clients happy.

Hi Leon, sounds like a good offer, was you able to "bulldoze" some roads there ? I know the the nearby Nyalugwe GMA border Pia Manzi, no roads... It's make things extremely difficult to keep clients happy.

Hi Gordon,
No need for concern on that front nor need heavy machinery thou it would be a welcome addition to any area! Just elbow grease, cutting and a bit of digging out the crossings. If you want to see what the rest holds you'll have get on two feet.
If clients are not happy with good hunting and good trophies then they'll never be happy. Nyalugwe probably needs some serious conservation work to begin with before any hunting and probably some heavy machinery, never been there but I've heard its rugged. It is also quite a ways from Kanzutu. Going South West from Kanzutu - Sandwe GMA is 50 odd kays long and then West Petauke is another approx 100km before one reaches Nyalugwe. Kanzutu is give or take 140km Nyalugwe straight-line.

Last edited:
Too bad the charter is so expensive...I would have given it some thought.

johnny you can always go for the road transfer option. as i have stated elsewhere zambia isnt south africa and getting places isnt as easy . so its usually a charter or road transfer which can be long but interesting for first timers, so make it part of the adventure :)

Thanks Leon for the explanation, I think that Nyalugwe was not hunted for 5 years, anyhow it's a big GMA and with no roads management and anti poaching would be a very difficult task.

johnny you can always go for the road transfer option. as i have stated elsewhere zambia isnt south africa and getting places isnt as easy . so its usually a charter or road transfer which can be long but interesting for first timers, so make it part of the adventure :)

To me this is part of the allure of places like Zambia. I want to be out in the middle of nowhere and Ilike the idea of driving the backroads, but that is just me...

To me this is part of the allure of places like Zambia. I want to be out in the middle of nowhere and Ilike the idea of driving the backroads, but that is just me...

well stop wussing around in SA and we can sort you some lovely back roads to be taken driving on........:E Sneaky: :A Up To Something: :whistle:

well stop wussing around in SA and we can sort you some lovely back roads to be taken driving on........:E Sneaky: :A Up To Something: :whistle:
Hang on now!!!! You know my plan!!!

Take the wife to SA,have her fall in love with Africa. And then..... :K Flirting::K Flowers:

............. If you want to see what the rest holds you'll have get on two feet.

If clients are not happy with good hunting and good trophies then they'll never be happy. ...............

Now there are a couple of quotes that should get some hunters going.

The next guy that yaps about a "real" Buffalo hunt and did not grab this I am going to seriously consider banning the guy as a troll. ;)

Great offer.

Take the road transfer and see some of Zambia on the way in and out.

Wow. Awesome deal. This is definitely an option for a return trip to Africa. This sounds like real wild africa which would be awesome. Can you do leopard and if so are they importable to the U.S.

Wow. Awesome deal. This is definitely an option for a return trip to Africa. This sounds like real wild africa which would be awesome. Can you do leopard and if so are they importable to the U.S.

yup wild africa gizmo , but unfortunately at the moment no cat hunting in zambia..............:(

Very nice offer Leon

You are to be commended for setting up the Kanzutu operation.

Will you be spending full time in Zambia now or will you still be hunting some in Tanzania?

All the best on your new project

Hi Gizmo,
Kanzutu is most certainly wild and we intend to keep it that way! There is a possibility that Leopard will open up this year.

Thanks!!!!
Now there are a couple of quotes that should get some hunters going.

The next guy that yaps about a "real" Buffalo hunt and did not grab this I am going to seriously consider banning the guy as a troll. ;)

Great offer.

Take the road transfer and see some of Zambia on the way in and out.
Brickburn
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Johnny,

You go with a road transfer which isn't too long nor rough besides you get to see some of the country. Its 530km, 430km on Tar. There is also an option of commercial from Lusaka to Mfuwe International and then approximate 3 hour drive into camp.
If you're keen on really good hunting wild country then you shouldn't pass this up. Once we have a few hunts under the belt and a few reports out you may wish you took that road trip(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlendaMccl

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!