Wyoming Winter Kill

Wyoming draw results came out today. I didn't draw a moose tag, again. Actually, I'm not too sad about it, given the hard winter. I'll have 22 points next year, but the drawing system is changing and not sure I am going to continue playing the game.
I was just going through my draw results.

Wyoming draw results came out today. I didn't draw a moose tag, again. Actually, I'm not too sad about it, given the hard winter. I'll have 22 points next year, but the drawing system is changing and not sure I am going to continue playing the game.

It only took about a year for me to figure out no way to beat point creep. So I decided OTC or Africa.

It only took about a year for me to figure out no way to beat point creep. So I decided OTC or Africa.
Yes, in many Western states including here in Colorado, it's become a "death march" to try and draw certain tags, even for residents. You'll either die or become physically unable due to age to do the hunt by the time you draw.

The drawing system did not change. The legislature quashed it.

Yes, in many Western states including here in Colorado, it's become a "death march" to try and draw certain tags, even for residents. You'll either die or become physically unable due to age to do the hunt by the time you draw.

It is what it is, I did public land. Never seen so many people in the wood at one time. Africa is not the same, it cost about the same to hunt there or a private ranch for Elk.

Updated Antelope limits from WGFD. The Sublette herd I hunted with my brother 10 years ago. Quite significant drops in quota.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/News/Game-and-Fish-makes-additional-cuts-to-antelope-li
I'm surprised does are included at all with the disastrous kill off? NW Colorado was hit hard too and they've drastically reduced tags for pronghorn, deer and elk. The DOW states it's the worst winter/kill off in 70 years. Much worse than the '82-'83 winter. They also stated they never imagined elk would be killed off at the rate they were this winter. That's REALLY bad!

I’ve hunted both those herds in Wyo, really makes me sad to see them hammered so hard. Lots of negative factors this winter.

Got a message from my outfitter yesterday. While their license numbers have been reduced, they weren't hit as hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaquelineC

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek