Wyoming Winter Kill

Wyoming draw results came out today. I didn't draw a moose tag, again. Actually, I'm not too sad about it, given the hard winter. I'll have 22 points next year, but the drawing system is changing and not sure I am going to continue playing the game.
I was just going through my draw results.

Wyoming draw results came out today. I didn't draw a moose tag, again. Actually, I'm not too sad about it, given the hard winter. I'll have 22 points next year, but the drawing system is changing and not sure I am going to continue playing the game.

It only took about a year for me to figure out no way to beat point creep. So I decided OTC or Africa.

It only took about a year for me to figure out no way to beat point creep. So I decided OTC or Africa.
Yes, in many Western states including here in Colorado, it's become a "death march" to try and draw certain tags, even for residents. You'll either die or become physically unable due to age to do the hunt by the time you draw.

The drawing system did not change. The legislature quashed it.

Yes, in many Western states including here in Colorado, it's become a "death march" to try and draw certain tags, even for residents. You'll either die or become physically unable due to age to do the hunt by the time you draw.

It is what it is, I did public land. Never seen so many people in the wood at one time. Africa is not the same, it cost about the same to hunt there or a private ranch for Elk.

Updated Antelope limits from WGFD. The Sublette herd I hunted with my brother 10 years ago. Quite significant drops in quota.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/News/Game-and-Fish-makes-additional-cuts-to-antelope-li
I'm surprised does are included at all with the disastrous kill off? NW Colorado was hit hard too and they've drastically reduced tags for pronghorn, deer and elk. The DOW states it's the worst winter/kill off in 70 years. Much worse than the '82-'83 winter. They also stated they never imagined elk would be killed off at the rate they were this winter. That's REALLY bad!

I’ve hunted both those herds in Wyo, really makes me sad to see them hammered so hard. Lots of negative factors this winter.

Got a message from my outfitter yesterday. While their license numbers have been reduced, they weren't hit as hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.