Women's Safari Pants

Wow, I didn't know 5.11 made all cotton tactical pants? My 5.11s and Browning Black Label tactical pants are 65% polyester/35% cotton. I only have a couple pair of all cotton BDUs (winter weight) that I wear when it's real cold but without any significant moisture forecast. I learn something new almost everytime I'm here on AH? Thanks!
All cotton 5.11s have been around a long time. Wore them everyday for 4.5 years while contacting in Iraq a few years ago. Lesser time in Croatia and Kosovo.

Have you checked out Fjall Raven? https://www.fjallraven.com/ca/en-ca/men/trousers?p=2

It's a Swedish brand and that country seems to really know the outdoors. They have a women's line.

FjallRaven is actually being carried by Dillards department stores in the US now.. Mostly packs and caps.. but they did have a few womens shirts and pants on the rack as well that I noticed when I was in there this weekend..

All cotton 5.11s have been around a long time. Wore them everyday for 4.5 years while contacting in Iraq a few years ago. Lesser time in Croatia and Kosovo.

Yep... I wore all cotton 5.11 pants and shirts almost exclusively in Iraq and Afghanistan between 2004-2010... excellent pants.. comfortable.. reasonably lightweight.. and super durable..

Have you checked out Fjall Raven? https://www.fjallraven.com/ca/en-ca/men/trousers?p=2

It's a Swedish brand and that country seems to really know the outdoors. They have a women's line.

I bought a pair of these for my daughter. They are very good and they have different fits for curvy chicks.

It’s not 100% cotton, but the G1000 material is more like a waxed cotton. It won’t need to be laundered as much as brushed off. Very high quality clothing.

My wife wears TAG as well as She Safari (no longer around - but you can get them off of eBay and Poshmark sometimes.)

We keep it simple with our safari gear. Any pair of khakis, perfectly darker tone, work great- and are quiet. Also, some khakis are stretchy. These are great, as it's more comfortable when you're squating behind a bush or something like that.

My 5.11s are ALL cotton. Was not a problem when it hit over 100 F last August.

They have women's version as well.
Just ordered another two pair after I received one pair and they fit really nice. Not too heavy as I imagined they would be. I also ordered a couple of the cotton/canvas shirts. I'm going to try them out as well. Thanks!

I hope you took advantage of 20% off sitewide sale going on now.
Yes I did for the pants, but they were out of my size shirts so I bought those from Galls at their 20% off sales price.

My wife is about the same size and is a clothing snob. She doesn’t care if they are cheap or expensive. They need to be comfortable and functional. She said Duluth was the best she found, but we never checked 5:11 so we now shall.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.