Winchester "Big Five" 470 Capstick

Business. It's not personal. LOL I agree with most of what you say, but also missing a few details I'll actually keep to myself. It's also why there isn't a lot of $ available for such luxury expense these days, compounded by the libs that are slowly bringing an end to its potential use in the field (even blocking on flights is just one of their methods.) That gun is the cost of 5-10 monthly elec bills at my house now. :( Bring back American Gas, Oil and Coal-power (so that your city/suburban EV golf carts may be charged.) A winter's worth of coal costs the same as 1 month of electricity now (same as the food bill come to think of it.) May Trump eclipse BiDem in November! Also: Are YOU selling this gun or is someone else? I'm confused. LOL
I certainly understand that you are confused! :)

I can try to help you with the part you are confused about regarding who's selling this rifle and ammo. The other things you will just need to work on yourself and the rest of us will apparently have to continue to tolerate;)

@Bwaybuilder is selling this package. I sold it to him some time ago. I bought the rifle from a dealer at Wanennachers gun show years before that. If I remember correctly, I got 2 boxes of ammo with the gun and found 2 more boxes shortly after. @Bwaybuilder found the box of Superior ammo. While I owned it, which was a long time, it was all stored in my climate controlled house.

I certainly understand that you are confused! :)

I can try to help you with the part you are confused about regarding who's selling this rifle and ammo. The other things you will just need to work on yourself and the rest of us will apparently have to continue to tolerate;)

@Bwaybuilder is selling this package. I sold it to him some time ago. I bought the rifle from a dealer at Wanennachers gun show years before that. If I remember correctly, I got 2 boxes of ammo with the gun and found 2 more boxes shortly after. @Bwaybuilder found the box of Superior ammo. While I owned it, which was a long time, it was all stored in my climate controlled house.
It seems you're suffering from Seller's Remorse now. LOL I can direct you to a dr. (my kids!) :p I gave you that confused line by not putting it in quotations. That, and what a (female) lawyer I worked with years ago said to me about the "Swinging Dicks Club." LOL Funny shit. Can anyone else pic themselves boasting online about a car they sold to someone else?!??!!???!!! LOL Relax. (I know that upsets gals, but...) Trump '25! My whole inquiry was rhetorical...look it up. It didn't need a response, err...it needed no Action. Some people just need to verbally vomit everytime something triggers them. What I said about old ammo was spot-on and what I offered (and received an acceptance) was fair. Imagine a 3rd party getting involved in your house or car sale? Really? Piss TF Off. :) -American since 1630 (and i edited this response, as a gentleman.) It is for just these reasons that we have the elected officials and their vomit curriculum/taxes/energy/security et. al. policies today. People are too soft.

Last edited:
Business. It's not personal. LOL I agree with most of what you say, but also missing a few details I'll actually keep to myself. It's also why there isn't a lot of $ available for such luxury expense these days, compounded by the libs that are slowly bringing an end to its potential use in the field (even blocking on flights is just one of their methods.) That gun is the cost of 5-10 monthly elec bills at my house now. :( Bring back American Gas, Oil and Coal-power (so that your city/suburban EV golf carts may be charged.) A winter's worth of coal costs the same as 1 month of electricity now (same as the food bill come to think of it.) May Trump eclipse BiDem in November! Also: Are YOU selling this gun or is someone else? I'm confused. LOL
Asshat wins, Bob. I took Action and you did NOT. :p Sry from fmr corporate life i simply detest those full of themselves. ;) The true Asshats. ;) We know your kind very well. :( You may be silent partner in this website-who knows?? and who cares? Your comments do not speak of any business acumen-and that's what's wrong with this country now...(BTW-Ford dealerships charge $130,000 for a GT 500 Shelby when the factory MSRP is $69,000. I'll PM you their number straight away if it pleases you?!)

Asshat wins, Bob. I took Action and you did NOT. :p Sry from fmr corporate life i simply detest those full of themselves. ;) The true Asshats. ;) We know your kind very well. :( You may be silent partner in this website-who knows?? and who cares? Your comments do not speak of any business acumen-and that's what's wrong with this country now...(BTW-Ford dealerships charge $130,000 for a GT 500 Shelby when the factory MSRP is $69,000. I'll PM you their number straight away if it pleases you?!)
Congratulations, glad you got it. If I wanted it I'd have kept it. If I wanted it back, I'd have bought it back when it was offered to me before it was listed. I was mearly trying to help explain the history of the goods offered for sale to help the seller. I hope the rifle gives you as much pleasure as you deserve in your old age. Must be amazing to have been here since 1630. That must make you the oldest American alive by a long shot. Congratulations again.

Not sure if Richter is trying to be funny or not. :unsure:

Not that Action Bob needs me to speak for him but he and his dear wife Gina are my friends. I am a senior executive in my company and I do not get your corporate comment. Let me assure you any man who has a full mount rhino in his house can afford to buy and keep jolly well anything he wants. I have no doubt Bob bought and enjoyed this package for a long while then decided to pass it on which speaks well of him!!!
Asshat wins, Bob. I took Action and you did NOT. :p Sry from fmr corporate life i simply detest those full of themselves. ;) The true Asshats. ;) We know your kind very well. :( You may be silent partner in this website-who knows?? and who cares? Your comments do not speak of any business acumen-and that's what's wrong with this country now...(BTW-Ford dealerships charge $130,000 for a GT 500 Shelby when the factory MSRP is $69,000. I'll PM you their number straight away if it pleases you?!

Bad publicity is still publicity ; .. I assume its' sold now?

Still think it's cool, just as concerned as everyone else. Krish's 505, I'm hoping for though

Congratulations, glad you got it. If I wanted it I'd have kept it. If I wanted it back, I'd have bought it back when it was offered to me before it was listed. I was mearly trying to help explain the history of the goods offered for sale to help the seller. I hope the rifle gives you as much pleasure as you deserve in your old age. Must be amazing to have been here since 1630. That must make you the oldest American alive by a long shot. Congratulations again.
As the "dislikes" pile up (LMAO,) thanks to Bwaybuilder and ActionBob for essentially making this rifle available over time. I will probably fire it (sparingly,) will likely fire it at a scant, few DG targets, but (like all of my rifles) will take great care to preserve it!!! I do forsee select PHs wanting it upon conclusion of hunt(s)! :p Let the games begin....Therefore, it's now officially passe to make negative comments, when in-fact the rightful owner was quite responsive to my offer and comments. ;) Let it go, and channel your hatred toward the Dems come election time, as they seek to further ruin our Country (including our 2A heritage and hunting/wildlife conservation heritage.) Should the US/EU weigh-in on African wildlife conservation practices in stable countries (for political gain/votes?) Rhetorical!

Also wanted to chime back in re: the "old" ammo. Upon seeing the above-sold A-Square ammo, it appeared to be contained in more modern, conventional style 20 rd plastic ammo cases. The older-style A-Sq ammo came in 1 pc 20 rd plastic wallets that folded open. The latter I had problems with! This ammo looks brand new and in much better shape than the older, tarnished-case A-Sq (in wallets) and silver box Wby ammo made by Norma (again, that I previously encountered over-pressure issues with.) 'Should be no issue here. I'll attach pics showing the differences via phone...

IMG_20240414_141558.jpg
IMG_20240414_141648.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also wanted to chime back in re: the "old" ammo. Upon seeing the above-sold A-Square ammo, it appeared to be contained in more modern, conventional style 20 rd plastic ammo cases. The older-style A-Sq ammo came in 1 pc 20 rd plastic wallets that folded open. The latter I had problems with! This ammo looks brand new and in much better shape than the older, tarnished-case A-Sq (in wallets) and silver box Wby ammo made by Norma (again, that I previously encountered over-pressure issues with.) 'Should be no issue here. I'll attach pics showing the differences via phone...
I don't suppose a public apology and perhaps extra payment to the seller is in the offering?

Is it that water making ppl more batshit crazy lately on this site.

I don't suppose a public apology and perhaps extra payment to the seller is in the offering?
But you are assuming I was trying to lower the price based solely upon my initial concern re: the ammo. The offer and purchase price were for the gun. Once I saw the ammo, I was ok with it (and so was Seller re: my initial offer and his price on the included ammo. He came away with 20% more due to my subsequent interest in the ammo.) It was a good deal all the way 'round. If not, he wouldn't have made it. The deal also fit into his personal plans. A great analogy of what's being fabled here is a stranger lurking after another simply avoided paying MSRP for a car and then proceeded to heckle the buyer (initially referred to as Asshat, by said stranger) for getting an ok deal. Yes? All good. I'm not a "day trader" of guns and do NOT plan to flip the gun to earn a few hundred dollars. It'll be used sparingly, rhino hunting will be phased out, and we shall see what, if anything, the future holds for the value of this ltd. production, considerably overbore by American standards Factory gun. Luckily for big cal guns, idt elephant hunting is going anywhere as Botswana+ has real management issues, and $port Hunting is a great way to dip into the amount of straight cropping (or death by starvation) required. I also tend to buy select stock at the minimum price the seller will allow-It just makes good personal financial sense. (And they will reject an offer if it's too low.) Again, it's business (amongst fellow sportsmen, albeit,) Not personal. For contrast, I could care less what person is selling a rifle for (that I no longer own. I assume the Seller is an adult that will make a deal he or she is comfy with.) Chalk all of the above up to the results of studies conducted by Briggs & Meyers! I have much more important things to attend to (while the new "Safe Queen" is lubed up and put in her temporary resting place.) It just seemed befitting to make the deal on the weekend prior to Tax Day under Bidenomics!!!x10e23. (My prior comments on old ammo was simply based upon potential concern for both Seller and Buyer, based upon my prior, real experiences. 'Had nothing to do with economics, much like the Dems!)

As the "dislikes" pile up (LMAO,) thanks to Bwaybuilder and ActionBob for essentially making this rifle available over time. I will probably fire it (sparingly,) will likely fire it at a scant, few DG targets, but (like all of my rifles) will take great care to preserve it!!! I do forsee select PHs wanting it upon conclusion of hunt(s)! :p Let the games begin....Therefore, it's now officially passe to make negative comments, when in-fact the rightful owner was quite responsive to my offer and comments. ;) Let it go, and channel your hatred toward the Dems come election time, as they seek to further ruin our Country (including our 2A heritage and hunting/wildlife conservation heritage.) Should the US/EU weigh-in on African wildlife conservation practices in stable countries (for political gain/votes?) Rhetorical!
The comments are mostly pointed at your lack of knowledge about ammo and how you seem to keep repeating what we know is foolish.
I wish you the best with your new prize.

Is it that water making ppl more batshit crazy lately on this site.
; Stress, current affairs, finance, .. the vaccine perhaps. It's not just the site, it's everywhere.

Still really like this listing, for what's it's worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HalPendley

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double