What comes before and after a 9.3 x 62?

7x57
9.3x62
404 Jeff
505 Jeff in a bolt gun
500 NE in a double

add a good shotgun and a 22LR and you are set for hunting the world.

I'd suppose dissatisfaction comes before a 9.3 and frustration cones afterward. Something leads you to it and if some takes you away, then it is most often frustrating.
I could have said a .243 and a .375...but I didn't.
@Forrest Halley
I'm very glad you didn't mention that first caliber, If'n you did I would have to bitch slapping you.
Bob

bob,
what about a .222 necked up to 6mm with a slow twist barrel for 75 to 80 gn bullets for small game in bushveldt?
if it had a brake on it you would be able to see the hit.
bruce.

i overlooked one.
maybe a 22 hornet necked up to 25 cal and barrel twist to suit 70 to 87 gn bullets might be more within your moral gambit.
bruce.

bob,
what about a .222 necked up to 6mm with a slow twist barrel for 75 to 80 gn bullets for small game in bushveldt?
if it had a brake on it you would be able to see the hit.
bruce.
@bruce moulds
Already been done mate and in 25, 270 and 308.
It was done by Arthur Langsford who owned Myra's in broken hill.
Bob

i overlooked one.
maybe a 22 hornet necked up to 25 cal and barrel twist to suit 70 to 87 gn bullets might be more within your moral gambit.
bruce.
@Bruce moulds
That ones been done to. If you need loading data for it give me a yell.
Don't forget the 25 Sharpes, a 223 necked up to 25.
Bob

I already have the trio I like... 7x64 Sako M85 Bavarian for smaller game and distant shots, 9.3x62 Verney Carron Impact Plus takedown for almost anything, and Merkel 140 AE, 450-400 3" Nitro express 3" for the big ones. I don't need anything bigger.

i overlooked one.
bruce.
This sounds suspiciously like the 25 Myra or 25 Copperhead?

Had any experience with either?

Regards

Pat

20210503_184203.jpg

I do own a semiauto in 9,3-62, a double in 9,3-74R and a bolt action in 9,3-64 Brenneke.
This is my solution, a Schultz and Larsen Victory with three barrels.
6,5-55
300WM
416 Taylor

Last edited by a moderator:
I have culled the herd - hardest job yet - letting go of some beautiful old friends -
303 404 505 is all that remains

303 Parker Hale Deluxe - 404 J Parker Hale - Safari and CZ550 505 Gibbs -

Everything. Modern loads (TSS, Etc.) make it the new 12 with less weight, less recoil, and WAY more availibility of ammo than a 28.
With modern loads.

I shoot 50,000 rounds a year on a slow year. You can’t find premium 20g and the cost or prohibitive anyways.

A light 28g SxS is sheer joy on upland birds and not shooting a 12g at fast flying ducks or big geese is nonsense.

With modern loads.

I shoot 50,000 rounds a year on a slow year. You can’t find premium 20g and the cost or prohibitive anyways.

A light 28g SxS is sheer joy on upland birds and not shooting a 12g at fast flying ducks or big geese is nonsense.
We ALL have our opinions. That's why we're here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
immediatebtc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.