Wanted L1A1 Wood Furniture & Magazines

Liberty and gun parts corp both have stocks, in stock

I would second that you should look on the FAL files forum. https://www.falfiles.com

I recently found it after owning and using FAL's for decades. I used to encounter sets of the wooden furniture for them at USA gun shows from time to time but would not know how to tell if they are metric or imperial pattern. Good luck with the search. Also, you might try to network with collectors in SA, Moz, or Zim. The FAL was "THE" rifle back in the 60-70's.
Lots of people have recommended falfiles.com so I´ll certainly have a look. As for the FAL being THE rifle back in the day, that is a large part of why I´m getting one. My grandfather was a UN-peacekeeper in the Congo in the 60`s. He and his friends prefered fals that they accuired in different ways over the Kpist M/45C that they were issued so I think he´d be pretty proud and ammused if I shot a moose with one now that they´re allowed for hunting in Sweden after a law change eventhough he´s not with us anymore. The fact that a friend of mine just got his dealeers license and offered me one for a great price didn´t excactly put me of the idea either.

Lots of people have recommended falfiles.com so I´ll certainly have a look. As for the FAL being THE rifle back in the day, that is a large part of why I´m getting one. My grandfather was a UN-peacekeeper in the Congo in the 60`s. He and his friends prefered fals that they accuired in different ways over the Kpist M/45C that they were issued so I think he´d be pretty proud and ammused if I shot a moose with one now that they´re allowed for hunting in Sweden after a law change eventhough he´s not with us anymore. The fact that a friend of mine just got his dealeers license and offered me one for a great price didn´t excactly put me of the idea either.
They are effective hunting rifles. I used an FAL for deer hunting for years just because it was the best thing that I had available at the time. I also took a large 325lb wild boar in Tennessee at very close range (5 ft) with it. Mine is the match grade Springfield Armory SAR48 model. It is a metric version that used mostly part from the FN licensed plant in Brazil. It may have the smoothest action of any semi-auto I have ever used and I have used most of them. As a hunting arm, they are reliable and accurate, but very bloody heavy. I think the std model is just over 10lbs (4.55 kg). It has been more than 30yr since I hunted with mine. I do still take it out for tgt shooting and some competitive shooting from time to time. It performs well when up against the old M14 and M1A as well as most AR15/SAR type rifles. Did I mention it is heavy? lol.

There are five FAL inch magazines on GB for $225 buy it now.

I am also seeing a number of listings for wood furniture on GB as well. Stocks and handguards sold separately

Attachments

• 5 inch pattern surplus Fal magazines - Rifle Magazines & Rifle Clips at GunBroker.com : 103264...pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Attachments

• 630144 – Used Guns.pdf
    476.3 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunsettarangire

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.