Vegemite the story

Toasted bread, Vegemite spread thick.
Then tomatoes on top and wash it down with hot coffee, black.
Perfect.

I had a similar tasting product in Namibia, “Beefy Bovaril” a salty brown paste that was put on toast. A non-vegetarian version of this Australian wonder spread. Being made from animal parts had an appeal. Without the shedding of blood there is no proper meal.

I’m so curious about it that if I ever make it to Australia (which would be a dream trip) I’d definitely try it.
@Ragman
You should be able to buy some in the u s of a.
You can get it on Amazon and wall mart stocks it
Screenshot_20230412-130718_Chrome.jpg

Bob

Americans fear nothing! We’ll…..we don’t fear vegemite anyway. :cool: We have access to all of the ingredients, so we could, if we wanted, make our own. But we don’t. Come to think of it, no other nation makes any. We Americans love cuisine from other places. Pasta? Yes please. Enchiladas? Si. Haggis? We’ll, we have our standards.
@Doug3006
You couldn't make it in America you need good beer to start with so rules that out. Besides that it is an Australian invention and you would have trouble understanding our measurement system.
We can't help it if America has low taste standards, if you raised the standard Vegemite would fit right in.
HA HA HA HA HA
Bob
I think bob should mail each of us a jar as a reward when we sell a .243 or possibly as punishment for owning one in the first place.
@Skinnersblade
Good thought mate.
Could work both ways as a reward for those that like Vegemite or force fed to those that hate it until they do sell their 243.
Has definate possibly mate.
Who said people from Nova Scotia weren't smart.
Bob

@Doug3006
You couldn't make it in America you need good beer to start with so rules that out. Besides that it is an Australian invention and you would have trouble understanding our measurement system.
We can't help it if America has low taste standards, if you raised the standard Vegemite would fit right in.
HA HA HA HA HA
Bob

@Skinnersblade
Good thought mate.
Could work both ways as a reward for those that like Vegemite or force fed to those that hate it until they do sell their 243.
Bob
Bob, I’m afraid it’s the world against Australia regarding vegemite. Even the Brits won’t eat it….and they eat kidney pie! :LOL:

Oh….and you’re right about American beer. Hops and barley-flavored water.

If it is a yeast extract, does that mean it has a lot of B vitamins?

It’ll give you gout. I use to eat the stuff straight.. a teaspoon full at a time. Now I limit my self to just a bit on toast from time to time.
I really love the stuff….but not enough to suffer gout.
1681308703835.png

Vegemite Rules.
The first rule of Vegemite is you do not talk about Vegemite.
The second rule of Vegemite is you DO NOT talk about Vegemite....

And if you really want to impress me go all out and go South African style with this stuff I found on a shelf in a store in South Africa.
Mmm mmm tasty.

20180831_075750.jpg
20180831_075801.jpg

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen i can’t wait to feed you a big greasy donair when you get to Nova Scotia so you finally know what real food is and wash it down with captain Morgan not that bear dropping stuff your aussies confuse for goodness. @WAB will fill you in on the mighty donair. Although he probably hasn’t had a good one in a couple years.

@Doug3006
HA HA HA HA HA
Bob

@Skinnersblade
Good thought mate.
Bob
I gotted me some smarts when I sold that gosh dang .243 tomato stake, some day Isa hope Ta grows up nuff get me one of colonel whelens Souper 35s

Bob, I’m afraid it’s the world against Australia regarding vegemite. Even the Brits won’t eat it….and they eat kidney pie! :LOL:
Ha! Kidney Pie! Never liked it, in fact I barfed every time I even smelled it; got even worse after have my L kidney removed following an accident, been operating with one since '66...

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen i can’t wait to feed you a big greasy donair when you get to Nova Scotia so you finally know what real food is and wash it down with captain Morgan not that bear dropping stuff your aussies confuse for goodness. @WAB will fill you in on the mighty donair. Although he probably hasn’t had a good one in a couple years.
Holy Cow! I just looked up donairs and I want one!!!!

Holy Cow! I just looked up donairs and I want one!!!!
There life changing and best eaten after the bars close in places you wouldn’t eat in unless you’ve previously drank until closing in a bar. You ever make it to Nova Scotia I’ll hook you up.

@Skinnersblade
WTF is donair, sounds like a refrigeration unit not something you eat. Captain Morgan is shit compared to Bundy. I would sooner drink kerosene to cpt Morgan it would be smoother than that rot gut.
Bob

A few years back, my buddy in the USA had me bring some over for him to use when babysitting his nephews.

When I expressed my surprise that they liked it, his answer was 'you misunderstood - I use it a punishment threat to make sure they behave'.

:ROFLMAO:

Now imagine if Anheuser-Busch decided to market its own version of Vegemite made exclusively from Bud Light brewer's waste. It would be the perfect recipe for a gender neutral strain of yeast infection...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PenneyWilk

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.