AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
P&Y, B&C, RMEF, NWTF
Well, as addicted to this site as I am, I must admit I’ve not been on much lately due to deer season being open here in Illinois. We’ve been chasing a giant for last few years and my oldest son (13) finally connected on him during youth season. I wanted to share with you all in his success. Can’t give out all the details yet as a couple of magazines are wanting to do an article on him. More details will be provided as soon as we are given the green light. To say he is on cloud nine is an understatement. And I couldn’t be more proud of him!

IMG_6677.jpeg
IMG_6678.jpeg
IMG_6677.jpeg
IMG_6663.jpeg
IMG_6678.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only in Illinois, He'll be hooked for life. Congrats

Awesome buck, congratulations to your son!

That's a heck of a nice deer! Good for him!

Beautiful buck, way to go dad!

Great deer, you guys did well. He'll be hunting a long time trying to beat that one.

Great deer and congrats to you and your son!

HH

Wow, deer of a lifetime at that age? Almost feel bad for him! Almost.

An Illinois giant! Your son must be thrilled and you too for him! Congratulations.

Monster buck! Great going.
Bruce

Wow, deer of a lifetime at that age? Almost feel bad for him! Almost.
Honestly I was afraid of that also. But in the days since it has driven him more. He has drug his bow out and started practicing like crazy. His goal now is to harvest a deer with it. He has plenty under his belt with gun and a few with crossbow. Now he’s big enough to draw back good poundage with his compound he is itching to make it more challenging.

WOW! Congrats all around!

Dang, that is a fine deer for sure. Congrats to you dad for getting him out there. Fun times and great memories. (y)

Wow, what a great buck! Congrats to your son!!

Deer or 10 lifetimes! Well done to the young man

Congrats to your son on a tremendous deer. Don’t get much better than that. Appreciate you sharing it with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.