Trusting A Wild Animal - And Nearly Killed By Him

News out of Tirupati, India - despite being warned, a visitor to the local zoo scaled a fence and jumped into a lion enclosure in an effort to take a "selfie".

He was dead in 10 minutes.
I hate hyenas, they are the most untrustworthy of them all. Who does he sleep at night without worries of finding his neck the next morning.
Lol he was crazy not stupid…..he left it out side! Seen them being hand feed in Addis Ababa. Those guys still had all their fingers lol I know he sure was quick in collecting his money at the end had all his fingers then when his had shot out…lol.
Mind you I’d not be doing it……

Lol he was crazy not stupid…..he left it out side! Seen them being hand feed in Addis Ababa. Those guys still had all their fingers lol I know he sure was quick in collecting his money at the end had all his fingers then when his had shot out…lol.
Mind you I’d not be doing it……
You might if it got you on You Tube or Tik Tok? LOL

News out of Tirupati, India - despite being warned, a visitor to the local zoo scaled a fence and jumped into a lion enclosure in an effort to take a "selfie".

He was dead in 10 minutes.
I hope the lion is okay.

All this talk about domestic animals and yet no one has once mentioned the biggest scourge of domestics --- guinea pigs. If I look away for one second mine is trying jujitsu moves on me and happily weeking while doing it ;)

Hospitals all over the world are victims of dogs,one of the least trustworthy pets under certain circumstances.
Probably by the numbers... but I swear I sometimes get the feeling that my Guinea has got plans:
1708535087978.png

(edit: sorry, I couldn't resist :D )

Last edited:
You might if it got you on You Tube or Tik Tok? LOL
Little while before all that……man might have only just gotten my first email. Was all by fax back then and picked my mail up In Nairobi on the way through. Then again in CT. 3 months between home mail sometimes. Callling was just nasty coat an arm and a leg…..better off hand feeding a croc :ROFLMAO:

I spent the last 22 years of my working life doing service work in and out of peoples houses. I got bit a few times by small dogs, menaced a couple times by BIG dogs, I carried a small bear spray at all times.
What did the dogs say after you sprayed there owners ;)

Never had to deploy it, after I started carrying it dogs were less aggressive. I think they knew I'd hurt them back.
You ever notice how animals act different when you mean them harm? I once watched a black bear rooting around, totally undisturbed til I decided to shoot it. Then It was instantly on alert.

I have often heard "wild animals cannot be pets". I then wonder what the world would be like if that was believed back when wolves started hanging around people for the first time. Domestic dogs only exist because people took a risk.

All animals are wild and nothing should be completely trusted!

From the movie, No Country for Old Men:
You go see Charlie: he still can't pick up his right hand for his hat. The point bein' that, even in the contest between man and steer, the issue is not certain.

Was it like this ?
No, thank goodness. Thanks for asking. I hit him a tad too far back and he turned to run almost like he wasn't hit. I got a quick second shot off just before he disappeared in a wall of brush. I hit him in the left ham, aiming across to his right front shoulder. We didn't know how much damage was done so we were very slow and careful when picking through the brush. It took only about 5-10 minutes to find him laying on his side barely breathing. Luckily, the second shot made it into his chest cavity and had done most of the work. I think the first shot was a liver shot. It would have killed him but he would have been in a very bad mood for an hour or so.

52209163210_5e3881b91d_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Domesticated animals have been engineered by man to be dependent upon us. They have been altered so much that they no longer resemble or behave like their wild ancestors. However, there’s not a domestic critter you can name that hasn’t at one time or another tried to take a chunk out of, or stomp on, it’s owner. Wild animals aren’t even close to being trustworthy. I wish that young man a full recovery. As for the Warthog, it’s barbecue time!
Totally agree, I have come a cropper with both domestic and wild beasts. Caught against a very high hedge by a herd of jersey cows I had to throw a girlfriend and 3 dogs over it then climb through it, it was blackthorn. I have been stood on by a 1000kg Irish Draught horse who I fed, groomed and trusted, I bought mounted police riding boots with steel toe caps after that. Finally I got knocked off my bike by a Roe deer that came out of a copse right on top of me, it got totally tangled up in my bike, it stayed relatively calm as I untangled it then as soon as it got free it attacked me as I bent down to pick my bike up, I looked like I had lost a fight with a hammer wielding nutter, this is why I now hunt.

Totally agree, I have come a cropper with both domestic and wild beasts. Caught against a very high hedge by a herd of jersey cows I had to throw a girlfriend and 3 dogs over it then climb through it, it was blackthorn. I have been stood on by a 1000kg Irish Draught horse who I fed, groomed and trusted, I bought mounted police riding boots with steel toe caps after that. Finally I got knocked off my bike by a Roe deer that came out of a copse right on top of me, it got totally tangled up in my bike, it stayed relatively calm as I untangled it then as soon as it got free it attacked me as I bent down to pick my bike up, I looked like I had lost a fight with a hammer wielding nutter, this is why I now hunt.
My word! So your saying that you won’t be joining PETA anytime soon?!

wow pretty unusual, horses generally speaking cannot see where they place there feet under themselves only out front a couple feet.

wow pretty unusual, horses generally speaking cannot see where they place there feet under themselves only out front a couple feet.
He couldn’t see, the massive idiot slid his hoof around till he felt it then stood on my foot, he was a 17 hand 3 elephant whose previous owner was a middle aged woman who treated him like a poodle, resented working and excercise, it was an act of pure malice

@Eric Nelson Animals seem to perceive something in you that they don't like. Have you worked in an abattoir or been on a major culling operation?............FWB

He couldn’t see, the massive idiot slid his hoof around till he felt it then stood on my foot, he was a 17 hand 3 elephant whose previous owner was a middle aged woman who treated him like a poodle, resented working and excercise, it was an act of pure malice
That is unusual , unfortunately alot o horses have been ruined by well intentioned previous owners. horses are very preceptive of human behavior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmellaSe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg