Transfer Fees; Why do some charge and some don't???

JGRaider

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
B&C, DSC
Hunted
US, Mexico, S Africa, Namibia
Why do some outfitters charge for an airport transfer fee, and some outfitters just include it in their package fees?

I noticed that JG Raider was starting to learn about African pricing.
He posted this query inside a Hunt Offer and since it was a general question I thought everyone could help him out in a separate thread.

We have threaded this subject before, but the short answer is that some build it into the price of the hunt and don't "charge" directly for it and others seperate it all out. It all depends on what side of the coin you are looking at, whether it's a good thing or bad thing.

As mentioned...
The pricing is the bottom line for a safari.
That is why you daily rates differences.
That is why you see trophy fee's differences.
that is why you see transfer fees differences.

As brought to light before.

A person looking for a safari need to look at all pricing to compare.

At Chris T. and most PH's on here agree you need to look everything over and make a informed decision. Staying away form the inexpensive and most expensive and pick something in the middle.

Only booking a safari after contact and follow up with references.

Now if you book a package deal it is different that booking and paying per trophy animal.

Johnny when I work with an outfitter and they charge that fee, I see that it is removed.I fight for my clients.
Look at any of my specials you will see no transfer fees. You see I am not married to any outfitter ,one of them will say not a problem.:) I will see that you get there free even on a horse.

Attachments

• 08-gert horse.jpg
    08-gert horse.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 89

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelinaVa

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you